Chapter 7

Glory walked down the pavilion of her newly built palace with Deathbringer trailing on her tail. She didn't even have to look back. It was peaceful, unlike usual Deathbringer wasn't bothering and teasing her. But it unraveled her. Too quiet suddenly a large Nightwing appeared in her path. "Hello your majesty" she raised an eyebrow at him. "My name is Chainbreaker. You look beautiful today as always." I stood up tall and straight. "May I help you Chainbreaker?" "Oh please love, call me Chain. And yes. I was wondering if you have anything against Nightwings my queen" Deathbringer growled. No one except him called Glory 'My Queen'. "No, I don't as you can see my bodyguard is literally and Nightwing. and don't call me that." only Deathbringer called her that."Oh, playing hard to get, I see. Let me do the work for you. Also, ahead of time, you're welcome." Before Glory could retaliate, he leaned in and kissed her. Kissed her! The Queen of The Rainwings and Nightwings! HOW.DARE.HE. She growled and clawed at his underbelly as he deepened the kiss. She tried to pull away but he had a strong grip. Deathbringer wasn't one to act slow. He pushed ChainBreaker away and held him down while continuously slugging him on the snout breaking many, many bones. Until Glory spoke, "Deathbringer don't kill him"

"Are you ok? Did he hurt you? I SHOULD MURDER HIM" Deathbringer questioned, worried and angry at the same time. All the playfulness drained out of his expression and tone. They exchanged a look that said, "Deathbringer, it's just a kiss."

"Glory, he forced you to do something against your will and it's my job as your bodyguard to protect you." He seemed to respond. Glory let out a sigh and shook her head. "I won't have any dead dragons in my rainforest today." Deathbringer punched him once more and let him go. "You're lucky the queen is feeling merciful today. Guards, take him away" Glory turned to face Deathbringer. "Honestly, I think you overreacted" "you just don't understand" was all Deathbringer replied. "Then explain it to me!" Deathbringer shook himself off and washed off the blood in a nearby fountain. "Let's just go to the waterfalls" Glory looked slightly panic-stricken. "NO! I mean uh- umm, okay,yeahsurenoproblemwhynotcanyouthinkofareasonwhynotican'tatall?" she replied too quickly. "Are you okay?" "Yup, Yes Never Been Better." Now Deathbringer was wary. But decided to give Glory the benefit of the doubt. "Okay...let's go then" as they unfurled their wings, Glory blurted; "ok! Fine, I need to show you something." AHA so there was something wrong! Deathbringer followed Glory down into a canopy next to the falls. As they came across a clearing, she let out a breath and pushed through a vine curtain that had clearly not been naturally made. Inside rested a pastel egg, the color of the sunset and it looked a lot like a Nightwing egg but instead of the usual Night Sky colors it was the color of dawn. A gradient pink to orange with stars lightly freckled across it. Wait. What was an egg doing outside the hatchery and why was Glory showing this to him? A sinking feeling weighed down his chest as he asked, "what is this?" "It's mine." misery and grief spread across his world. He was too late. He was just simultaneously flirting instead of expressing how he felt. Glory had gone and fell in love. Exactly how he wanted. But not with him. Tears started filling his eyes but he slowly pulled them back in. no. Glory couldn't see him cry. He wanted to encourage her but all he could muster was, "Yours and..." Glory took a deep breath. She knew this day would come soon. She knew she had to tell him. "Mine and..." he looked at her expectantly, "yours." she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. The sorrow from his face immediately vanquished and his eyes bore the three moons "m-mine?" The awe in his voice was heart-wrenching. "Mine.yours.mine.you're going to be a parent. I'm going to be a parent. WE ARE PARENTS!!" he swooped Glory up in his arms and spun her around. "I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU GLORY!" she was taken aback. She loved Deathbrigner with all her heart and life. But she had never thought he returned the feeling. Relief flooded through her. He loved her. HE LOVED HER! "I LOVE YOU TOO! DEATHY, YOU ARE MY WORLD AND EVERYTHING INSIDE IT! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU! " he set her back, and she laid her snout against his as they kissed. Firefly was soon to be born.

--------------------------

Yeesh! That was a long one to write! told you I'd make it up to you

                      Thank You,

                                    urloalgreenbean