The Fight Part 1

"For the last time, Deathbringer! I. DON'T. NEED. A. BODYGUARD."

"yes you do"

"no I don't."

"yes you do"

"name one time you saved me"

"when you got yourself kidnapped by the NightWings."

"I hate you"

"you love me"

"do I?"

"do you what?"

"love you."

"I don't know, prove it"

"how?"

"like this.." he leaned in and kissed her. 

"MOM! DAD! STOP IT!" Firefly yelled. She was getting sick of the mush. Then she knew how to get rid of it. "tell me the story of the last time you fought. As in seriously fought. Flirt fighting doesn't count."

"Okay we'll tell you" Deathbringer surrendered

Flashback 

"THREE MOONS! I ALREADY TOLD YOU I DON'T NEED A BODYGUARD"

"Yes you do"

"ugh let's just go"

"fine" as they walked past the hatchery, Deathbringer thought he saw something strange. A shadow. But it didn't resemble anything Deathbringer had seen before, and it was huge. "Did you see that?"

"See what?" Glory questioned.

"Nothing" He said. He was probably going insane. But he shouldn't worry Glory. He sidled closer to Glory. "Did it hurt?" 

"lemme guess, when I fell from the moons?"

"no. When you fell for me" She instantly turned pink. He thought she was embarrassed. Little did he know that pink was not just embarrassment but, the color of happiness and love. She immediately turned a light lavender and turned her head away. But shook it.

"Nope. When did that happen?" he frowned. Didn't Glory love him? She was probably just using her usual comebacks. Right?  

"Glory, do you want to go watch the sunset?" He asked his Queen. 

"Sure" she replied casually but that one word made his heart leap. 

"Okay let's go."

"Wait let me finish my work i'll come I promise. Just go, I'll be fine" after an hour of arguing, Deathbringer finally caved in and left to get ready. 

Glory stepped into her dressing room. She thought a LOT about what colors she should turn her scales to and finally settled on a pastel rainbow. 

"Wait

"Wait. Why do I care?" she asked herself. Because you love him. Her treacherous brain murdered.

"Care about what?" Deathbringer asked poking his head in the doorway. "Wow G-glo-Glory, y-you l-look uhm uh go-gorgeous." 

"Wow Deathbringer at a loss of words? I should do this more often."

"Sorry am I interrupting I'll go" He turned to leave.

"NO! Don't go! Stay here, with me." She said.

"I wanted to give you this." He handed her a black velvet box. Her heart leaped. A RING! Then her heart sank as she realized it was too big. She opened it and found inside was a moonstone necklace with a heart in the center. 

"Oh my gosh, Deathbringer it's beautiful! I've never seen anything prettier

"Oh my gosh, Deathbringer it's beautiful! I've never seen anything prettier."

"I have." He said.

"What?" she challenged.

"Look in the mirror" She rolled her eyes at his corny compliment, and turned around to he could put the necklace on her. His talons slid across the smooth scales on her neck. She shivered and blushed deeply as she felt his breath on her neck. Then he whispered in her ear, "How do you like it.." 

"I love it"

"you didn't let me finish."

"Okay then continue"

"I was saying.. How do you like it, Strawberry" She whacked his snout with her wing. 

"I still love it... Deathy" 

"Let's go before the sun completely sets." Deathbringer reminded. She nodded and they flew to the willow tree. The clouds cleared to show the sun setting and Glory glanced at Deathbringer. His scales shone as if he was the sun himself. His silver blue eyes now reflected the ocean in front of them. She loved every scale. He twined his tail around her's as she laid her head on his shoulders. He slowly wrapped his wings around her and she didn't mind. 

"Glory shush"

"wh-"

"Stop talking there's something here"

"no there's not. Stop being paranoid"

"I'm being 'paranoid' to protect you!"

"I DON'T NEED PROTECTION"

"YES YOU DO!"

"SO YOU DON'T TRUST ME TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!?"

"I-I-"

"SO YOU DON'T TRUST ME!?"

"WELL BIG NEWS I DON'T NEED YOU!" He flinched.

"THEN WHY DON'T YOU JUST ORDER ME TO LEAVE? I'D LISTEN"

"OH FOR ONCE IN YOU'RE LIFE YOU'D LISTEN TO ME!"

"TRY ME!"

"THEN LEAVE! I HATE YOU" his face fell. Was I too harsh? He doesn't care. He doesn't even trust me. A heartbroken Glory thought as the love of her life flew away. Away from her.

He flew and flew and flew as far as he could. He didn't know where but he flew anyway. Away from the one dragon he loved. Tears streamed down his face. This was his fault. He shouldn't have been so paranoid. He trusted Glory to take care of herself. He trusted Glory with his life and, soul but Quickstrike could take care of herself too. He still lost her. He couldn't lose Glory. Not now, not ever. He'd have to die first. But she hated him. She said it herself. She ordered him to leave. Deathbringer sobbed his eyes out. He calmed down. He would protect Glory no matter what.

"Deathy?" A voice called. He turned to face Greatness. Nobody called him Deathy except Glory Nobody.

"What" he spat out. He hated Greatness since, she had a ginormous crush on him.  

"Did you dump that RainWing?" She grinned