Chapter 14

"WAKEUPWAKEUPWAKEUP" Kinkajou hollered. "IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO MEET OUR WINGLET! THEY'RE AWESOME!"

"Okay, okay I'm up. Way to wake the mountain." Firefly grumbled as she got up. But her ruff was a bright yellow- the color of excitement. She didn't like showing her emotions, like her mother, and always tried to control them. 

As they stepped out of the cave they were greeted with an IceWing. "Kinkajou, I wan-" he stopped abruptly when his gaze met hers. "Who are you?" 

"I could ask the same to you" She retorted. He looked shocked as if no one had ever dared talk back to him before. Maybe no one ever had. Well if so, that was about to change. 

"Winter, this is Firefly. She's in our winglet Firefly, this is Winter"

"Well nice to meet you Firefly"

"As well as you Prince Winter," She remarked as she bowed. She was wondering why he didn't bow back when she realized he didn't know she was royalty. 

"How did you know I was roya-"

"Do you take me for an idiot?" she cut off. "I know a simple line of Monarchy."

"No of course not uhm- deepest apologies. I just never met a RainWing who reads other than the Queen and Kinkajou" 

Moon and Kink shared a glance and Moon made a signal to turn her mind-reading on. Winter never apologizes. Somethings up. Moon thought. It's okay he probably just feels intimidated she reassured telepathically.  

"That's fine Prince Winter"

"Just Winter"

He prefers dragons calling him his title. Moon's voice echoed in her mind.

"Are you alright? You look like Moon when she's listening to thoughts" Remembering that he thought she was just a RainWing, she realized she couldn't tell him about her mind-reading. 

"It's nothing" She lied. "Just thinking about something." Winter looked wary. 

"Okay well let's get to class."

-----------------------

what do you think is going on with Winter?

comment below

Word count:

306

            Thank You,

                                 urlocalgreenbean