Chapter 2

I collapsed onto the ground, huffing and puffing. Out of breath from training.

"How are you so good at this?!" I yelled, lifting my arms up to the sky.

"You've kept up with me for a long time." Kakashi sat down beside me, also out of breath.

My parents are still not back, and Kakashi is keeping me company. Like he promised.

"I can see how you're a Chunin already. You're pretty cool." I looked up to the masked boy, not getting over how cute he looked.

I'm a grown woman inside a kids body... I don't mean what I said in a romantic way. I just think he's cute, like a baby...

"It's not a big deal." He answered shortly with shrug.

He doesn't like to talk much. I know he likes to keep to himself, especially after his father died.

"I think it's a big deal. I heard the Chunin exams are not that easy." I boosted him up a little.

He raised an eyebrow down at me. I sat up beside the boy.

"I'm friends with a Chunin." I laughed at how ridiculous it sounded. "And he's not annoyed with me."

"I'm very annoyed with you, what are you talking about?" Kakashi's hand went over my face and pushed me back down.

I grunted as I landed back roughly. "Hey!"

"How can I NOT find a kid, who somehow manages to take up all my time, annoying?" I can't tell if he's joking or not.

I pursed my lips as I stared up at him for a moment. Nothing but the sounds of trees rustling in the wind and birds in the distance.

"I only annoy you because you seem lonely." I answered, deciding to tell him the truth.

There was silence from the silver haired Chunin. Wind swayed the trees and grass, making leaves fall around us.

What the hell? The atmosphere switched up pretty quick.

Kakashi turned around to face me, his black eyes staring down at me.

"I can't understand you, because I am not lonely myself, but I can help you not be alone. I just thought you seemed to need some company. And I'm considered a genius, and so are you. We are similar in that aspect. If you'll have me, I'll be more than glad to be your friend." I grinned up at him, wanting him to realize I was someone he could talk to.

We're not that close right now, but I will still work hard to befriend him.

But I do bug him a lot. Maybe I should leave him alone for a while.

The wind blew again, my black hair getting caught in it. As well did Kakashi's messy mop hair.

"But if you do find me annoying, I will back off. To me, sometimes even I forget I'm still a kid compared to you." I laughed while rubbing my neck awkwardly.

I just know he'll lose so much in the future... I don't want to see him lonely. I know there's Guy, but I still know he'll need more friends.

Kakashi was about to say something, but a voice came from the tree line.

"Kakashi! Kakashi!" We both looked over to see Obito and Rin running towards us.

Well, just Rin was running.

I stood up and walked up to the tree where my shurikens were, collecting all of them.

"We have a mission, Minato-sensei told us to meet in 10 minutes." She told Kakashi, who nodded at the pretty girls words.