Chapter 18

"Sister, wake up!" I felt a little person jump onto me, causing me to groan in pain.

Who the hell is waking me up?

I woke up groggily, trying to open my eyes to see.

Naruto was on my stomach smiling down at me.

My heart warmed at the smile.

"Morning, Naruto." My anger going away at the sight of my little brother.

I grabbed him with one arm and pulled him down next to me.

"Hey!" He yelled out as he struggled against my arms. "Let go!"

"Nooo!" I held him tighter. My face in his hair. "I don't want to."

"Lilia! Your arms are so fat and heavy! Get off!" He failed again at throwing me off of him.

I gasped at his words. "My arms are not fat! You're just weak!"

I pinched his side making him wince and go still, huffing out in defeat.

I smiled smugly as I cuddled him.

He was the perfect size to cuddle.

I feel content. Peaceful.

More than I felt in days.

It's been two weeks since Kiyoko and Sensei...

It was a hard couple weeks.

I... I've been trying to move on. I don't want to deal with more lose, so I've been keeping busy.

I haven't really dealt with what happened that day.

I don't really have anyone I can talk to...

Shigeru is blaming himself, Itachi is working hard to become a jounin, Kakashi is busy...

It's been hard..

Kiyoko's family was the hardest to deal with.

They... they were hit bad.

The funeral they had for the two of them, it was filled with crying from her mother and father. They won't even talk to me and Shigeru anymore.

Sensei didn't have family. He does have a son who's been away from the village, but I've never met him. They sent the news to him, but no word yet.

And as for Shigeru, he's been given a break.

He couldn't go back to the field yet. He... he blames himself even though he tried to tell me he doesn't...

I'm actually planning to visit him today.

"Are you done yet?" Naruto's high-pitched voice asked, annoyed at the sudden spoil of his excited mood.

I chuckled as I squeezed him harder. "I can't help it. You are just to cute."

"I... can't... breath..." He struggled, stretching his hands out as if to try and grab something.

"Oh I didn't even squeeze you that hard." I let him go.

He gasped for air, coughing dramatically.