Chapter 3

I'm bored.

Class is over, mom and dad had a meeting, and Kakashi's team is on a mission.

Maybe I can go see Kushina? She's home, I think.

I did, however, stop to get some dango on the way from class. I have a few left.

I looked to my right to see a boy sitting at the end of a dock, just down the hill.

Hey! This is the dock Sasuke was sitting on and Naruto walked by!

I smiled at the memory before looking closer to see the boy sitting there.

Oh my god! It's him! It's Itachi!

Holy shit! It's him!

I'm gonna lose my shit!

He's one of my favourite characters in the show. And he's right there!

I didn't even realize I was making my way down the hill until I was at the beginning of the dock.

Oh my god! Already!? I wasn't expecting to meet him so soon.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to calm my nerves.

Calm down, Lilia. Just forget everything. Just roll with it.

Hah! Not me stealing that one girls man... I don't even know her name! I'm so sorry!

"Want some dango?" I held up one to the boy, who looked slightly depressed.

Is he going through a depression episode right now?

I couldn't help but laugh at the confused and weirded out look he gave me when he noticed me.

I shook the multi-coloured dumplings a little. "They're actually really good. Nice and sweet. I probably won't eat them all, and I don't like to waste food."

Itachi turned away from me quickly.

I sat beside him, not bothering to ask if I can.

Rude, I know.

"Hi, I'm Lilia Kizua." I raised my hand for a handshake.

He just looked over to me, with a look of suspicion. I laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah, I realize now that this is probably weird. But I saw you sitting here alone. You looked like you needed someone to cheer you up." I scratched my cheek softly, sweat dropping with an awkward smile.

There was silence from him for a moment. I pursed my lips.

Well shit.

Did I ruin the chance to be friends with him?

"Itachi Uchiha." He suddenly spoke up, raising his hand for a handshake.

I grinned and took his hand, which was slightly smaller than mine.

He's actually a small kid. But I know he'll hit a growth spurt when he gets older.

"Nice to meet you, Itachi. And you didn't answer me about the dumplings." I offered them again.

"I'm not really that hungry." He shook his head with a small polite smile.

I pouted before taking the stick of dumplings and eating one. "Your lose then—."

I was cut off by Itachi's stomach growling.

There was a moment of silence between us.

I let out a loud laugh as the boy's face flushed in embarrassment before turning away.

"You don't need to be so polite. I'm the one who interrupted your alone time. But my offer about the dumplings is on the table one last time because they're so good!" I hummed as I took another dumpling of the stick, savouring the sweet taste.