Chapter 15

"Are you okay?" I asked the boy, wanting to hear him talk.

Kakashi turned his gaze to me for a moment before signing and nodded. "I'm as good as I can be. How are you feeling?"

I smiled faintly, staring at the ground before us.

"I'm good too..." But it sounded like lie.

"You don't have to pretend. You lost your second parents, of course it's okay to feel sad." Kakashi stated to me, looking down since I was at a lower height.

"You just lost your sensei, you're allowed to feel sad too." I reminded him with a soft smile, at which he simply ignored.

I pursed my lips, feeling quite hurt at the coldness.

He was always like this, but he's a lot more distant now...

I get that he's a teen and I'm just a kid, so that could be a reason as to why he's a avoiding me. Who wants to hang out with a kid 3 years younger than them?

But, I want to hear him tell me.

"Is there a reason as to why you've been avoiding me?" I asked him, taking advantage of him being at my side. "You've been ignoring not just me, but your other friends as well. Guy has been pestering me about you for quite a while now."

We sat on the Hokage cliff, right on top of the Hokage we had lost just yesterday.

Kakashi didn't reply.

He kept his gaze forward, staring at the changing sky. It was almost sunrise.

I had stayed up all night, the guilt eating me alive as I watch many morn over their losses.

It's still like that.

People around the village are still working hard to fix their houses, prepare funerals, and help the injured.

Patrol is even more locked in since we are at a time of weakness against the other villages.

My gaze turned to the boy, not able to see his eyes since one was covered and the one that was on the other side.

He's going through so much...

And all I want to do is help him.

I glared at his rudeness and jumped up quickly.

The movement made him look up, but his eyes widened as he realized I was jumping towards him.

He didn't have time to stop me, or he just didn't want to hurt me.

I latched my arms around his neck, squeezing tightly as I hugged the larger boy.

I felt him stiffen.

"You're my friend, Kakashi. Do you have any idea how much it pains me to see you like this? How much it hurts to see you avoid the people who care about you?"

I promised myself I would do my best to be there for the people of this world.

Since now, it is my world as well.

And Kakashi isn't just a anime character to me anymore.

He's a dear friend.

And I know him more than anyone else.

"This is the first time we talked like this in weeks... do you have any idea how worried I was about you!?" I sneered as I pulled away from him, holding his shoulders in my hands tightly.

His eye widened, staring at me in complete shock and disbelief.

I could feel the heat from the sun, warming me up from the morning breeze.