Chapter two: Saviour

Before I could even open my eyes I felt the warmth of a familiar someone's arms wrapped around my small frame, carrying me bridal style to what seamed to be the ocean, gathering by the sound of it increasingly coming closer

After for some reason feeling entirely safe in this person's arms I decided to open my eyes and to my complete and utter surprise is was Douxie?!

But how? I was sure no one saw me leave and just by reading my face Douxie responded with "you left a trail of blood my dear, not very inconspicuous".

I felt my cheeks turning a deep crimson read, thanked Neptune that it was night time and with a few more seconds of silence I look down at my still bleeding arm which is now resting on my stomach as Douxie caries me and I sheepishly look up at him

"Hey Douxie... sorry about your jacket I completely ruined it"

Seeing the sadness wash over my face he replies "Hey hey woahhhh calm down y/n it's just a piece of cloth its alright"

"I know but it's your favourite and now it's soaking in my blood"

"And I said it's ok, alright don't sweat it I gave it to you knowing this would happen"

"Wait... you knew? But how I didn't see you look at me once"

"Maybe so but you are the person closest to me and I have seen how your magic works, I knew what would happen the moment you paused your healing and started getting antsy"

Again thanking the gods that it was night because I could feel a blush creeping across my face knowing the fact that he pays attention to every little detail about me.

Now resuming our conversation on a different topic "Oh by the way y/n where exactly are we going I saw you struggling to get to the beach and just kinda started walking you there"

Not exactly knowing how to explain my situation I just settle with the truth "Umm haha well the thing is I had to channel my life force into healing Toby and as you know my arm is like this now with not enough life energy to heal is so........ unless I get to the water quickly I won't survive"

"YOU WHAT?!" replies Douxie and immediately starts running to the waters edge.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?"

"I knew you would fret, I didn't want to worry you and everyone else after all the events taken place"

"BUT NOW YO-" Douxie stopped mid sentence seeing the sorry and scared eyes I was looking at him with and ended up finishing with a "Nevermind let's get you healed, I don't want to see you bleed another drop, I've seen you suffer far too many times for my heart to handle."

And with that we entered the water and he gently but very reluctantly let me into the water and made his way to the shore where he would be safe from my power.

Once I knew that Douxie was safe I let the water grasp my limbs and pull me under and after not coming up for a few minutes I heard Douxie yell "FUZZBUCKETS" and conveniently at the same time I emerged from the ocean with water stream lines glowing a vibrant sea green (the same colour as the lady of the lake) float around my body healing my wounds".

And when a few minutes of this had passed I fell unconscious due to the earlier exhaustion and fell back into the water.

DOUXIE'S POV

I was pacing along the shore in the same spot y/n forced me to as I watched her body go limp and fall into the ocean with a small splash.

I dashed into the water as fast as I could an carried her bridal style out of the water, man she looks cute in my arms but what was she thinking, if I hadn't followed her she probably would have drowned geez this girl. I say in my mind scolding her but all the while knowing I'll forget it all once I see her awake and well. What am I going to do with her?

After a while we reached the group crowded around Toby and everyone freaked out seeing y/n unconscious in my arms but I assured them she was fine and brought her back to my place.

I carefully laid her down on my black bed and used my magic to change her into some of my clothes before tucking her into bed and sitting on the edge watching her sleep so peacefully.

Alright my lovelies that brings chapter 2 to an end I hope you enjoyed it.

❤️❤️- Rose