Chapter seven: Unwanted Opponents

During the meeting at Jim's house, Claire, Douxie, Jim and I we assigned to go clean up Belroc's Titan mess which littered the centre of Arcadia

On our way over to where the Titan had fallen, Hornbeam and Archie had decided to reside on my shoulders as Claire bombarded me with a million questions about the night I was passed out in Douxie's arms and how I didn't even text her until today.

Not really knowing a short way to explain everything I started off with "uhh soooo we are kinda dating"

"YOU WHAT?!" screamed an excited Claire and Hornbeam.

"Who? What? What happened? Are you ok? Who's trying to kill us?" exclaimed an exasperated Douxie and Jim at the same time which not only had Claire and I laughing like mad but also the two familiars.

"Nothing, nothing we're perfectly fine you two" I say between dying gasps still trying my hardest not to fall on the floor and have a laughing fit.

"Ha ha very funny" retorts Jim before turning on his heal and continuing his conversation with Douxie.

"Omg that was absolutely hilarious" I whisper to Claire who responds with an "I know right oh, oh, oh spill, tell me everything, the whole story I don't care if it takes all day"

So that's what I do and when I get to the part that I woke up in Douxie's bed she literally freezes on the spot and yells "Y/n L/n LOOK AT YOU OH MY GOODNESS"

Which once again has Douxie and Jim staring at us in confusion.

"Nothing, nothing carry on, as you were" I say in a posh British accent that has Claire and I once again laughing like hyenas.

Not yet noticing that we had arrived at our destination I was still explaining to Claire the events of my time with Douxie while facing her and ended up tripping over a piece of rubble that sent me flying. Just as I was preparing myself to hit the ground by closing my eyes and somewhat bracing myself aka flailing my arms around, I was in someone's arms.

Realising I hadn't hit the floor I opened my eyes to see myself mere inches off the ground as Douxie lifts me up and say "woaahhh are you alright there lovely? Maybe you should be a little more careful where you walk" which had my face turn a million shades of pink before hitting red causing me to only let out a small and very quiet "mhm-"

Finally standing up again I swiftly walk over to Claire with my body wound into to tight coils making me look like the tin can from Wizard of Oz and whisper "Claire save me-". She finds this beyond hilarious and starts laughing like mad while half yelling "girl if that killed you how do you ever plan live past a day of being in a relationship" which causes Douxie to also join in on the laughing.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP WE HAVE A JOB TO DO" I yell in embarrassment and storm off over to the remaining pieces of the Titan.

After some consideration of who would go where we all stood in a rather large circle around the main areas of debris and used every last bit of magic we could muster to collect all the pieces and turn them into ashes which we would soon send to the darklands.

Once we began, streamlines of blue, purple and red magic circled around the entirety of the remains and lifted all the pieces together to then create a major explosion and the disintegration of the giant.

Unfortunately now that the Titan had been moved without an Arcane wizard's approval, a terrifying, brown, 12 legged creature with joints bending every way, that was covered in icky green slime and looked like something that was pulled straight from a horror movie arose from the ashes.

Our group of three wizards froze at the sight of this utter monstrosity but knew that if we did that for much longer we would be killed and so off went Claire.

She charged full speed ahead into battle with the monster and with her newly awakened shadow powers she's able to wield without her staff she was amazing. She zipped and zoomed around her opponent being the agile warrior she was and managed to create a portal just above its head after many previous attempts and come crashing down on it, landing a clean blow, sending it straight into the ground with a large THUD and sound of cracking bones.

Knowing how strong Claire is we believed that she had defeated the enemy once and for all. But oh how wrong we were.

Alright my lovelies that's it for another chapter I hope you all enjoyed! Again thank you so much for reading this I really appreciate it I mean from my last chapter my views went from 166 to 212 like I am astounded because in the beginning I was only expecting like 10 readers at most also completely unrelated but CAMILLO MADRIGAL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH "SEvEn FOOT FRAME RATS ALONG HIS BACK WHEN HE CALLS YOUR NAME IT ALL FADES TO BLACK" IUFHQUIWEHFIUWEHFIUERHFIERYFUSERHFGERUG. 

K BAIIII

❤❤- Rose