Chapter ten: Nightmares Unfold

Being completely fed up with my situation I simply click my fingers and set the Gumm Gumm ablaze making one less problem for myself

Before now, the Gumm Gumm's glowing armour was the only source of light in the dark depths of the deep and with that now gone I have to resort to using fire magic in the palm of my hand in hopes of it being the one thing I can rely on to not trip and faceplant the floor.

After many many minutes of searching I still can't find it and almost give up until I have the idea to extinguish my fire and focus on looking for the green glow.

Just as my eyes adjust and I reach for the portal which I find wedged between two boulders, the deeps effects finally become evident.

One minute I'm reaching for the portal and the next I'm reaching for Douxie's hand over a cliff face just as he falls to his death.

Everything slows to an almost halt as I hear sirens, screaming and blasting in the background.

Not yet grasping that I just watched my boyfriend fall off a cliff and die the realisation hit me like a rock to the head. I screamed at the top of my lungs and smashed both my fists into the ground in complete despair.

How, how could I let this happen I COULD HAVE SAVED HIM it's all my fault no no no no no what have I done....

Hot tears began to run down my cheeks and drip onto the dirt bellow me, everything was gone I have nothing left.

As soon as I was about to have a complete mental breakdown I heard my friends screaming my name, they needed me.

Douxie isn't the only one I have and right now my friends need my help or else they'll die too and I will not let that happen.

I quickly stand up from my position on the floor and combine all the base elements into one ginormous magical storm which was raging at my command.

Directing the storm at the sentinels who were attacking my friends I sent shots targeting each one's weakness and watched as the burnt to the ground in agony.

With my friends now safe I come out of the deeps grasp and fall to the ground as real tears began staining my face.

Thankfully the portals glow was still evident and I was able to snap out of this vulnerable state, grab the thing and use my wind bending to float back up to where I fell from.

Never would I every go near that place ever again.

Once I had finally reached the top of the dreaded hole I saw Nari run over to me and in the sweetest most excited voice say "you found it!"

"Haha yeah" I admit with a solemn expression and join her to go help the others fight the Gumm Gumms.

On the way to help them I convert the portal to a much smaller size and attach it to my staff which will hopefully enable me to fight in a proper manner.

Finally arriving at the heartstone which seems to be where all the Gumm Gumms are headed I decide that I am 100% done with these buttsnacks and decide on using blood bending.

Unfortunately blood bending takes up most of my magical energy every time I use it but nonetheless desperate times call for desperate measures and I knew that we wouldn't be able to hold off a hundred more of these things.

Entering the heartstone where Vendel's work station used to be I hear Douxie scream "TAKE THAT YOU FOUL GIT oh no not again-" and take that as status update saying there are too many to handle.

Having made my final decision on my blood bending plan I rush back outside, use my wind bending to get to about halfway up the heartstone and land on the top of one of its edges.

Now having a clear view over the entirety of trollmarket and the zombie Gumm Gumms I drag my foot through the air in a circular motion and perform three movement stances before lifting both my hands up just above my head which also levitates the Gumm Gumms.

With all of them now in my grasp I slowly curl my fists into tight balls and all of the retched oafs turn to stone and smash when I let go and watch them fall on the floor.

Considering that most of my magic was used up by blood bending I have no way of getting down so I shout in the hopes of someone hearing me "Uhhmmm can someone get me down? I'm a little stuck-"

And just before I can listen for a response I slip off the edge of the heartstone due to my overutilization of blood bending sending me free falling towards the floor.

"LOOKOUT" I yell trying to inform everyone that if they don't stay out of the way I'll land on them.

Hoping that some last minute miracle will stop my falling I close my eyes and before I know it I'm falling through was feels like cold pudding and land on top of someone a lot closer to the floor than I thought.

Remember the feeling of going through one of Claire's shadow portals I know that she was the one who saved me but what I don't know is who I landed on.

Slowly opening my eyes not really wanting to know who I just squashed I see a black jacket and a gauntlet with runes.

Immediately knowing who I'm lying on I swiftly sit up and start apologising over again until Douxie grabs my two hands and assures me he's alright which I don't really believe but don't question any further.

Just as I'm about to yell a thanks to Claire, Douxie interrupts my thought by saying "hate to ruin this lovely moment but are you sure you want to be sitting on me like this when the others arrive which I'm sure will be quite soon?"

Now realising exactly how I looked sitting on Douxies lap as he was lying on the floor I stood up like there was no tomorrow and offered my hand to him to help him up knowing exactly how red my face was going.

Just before the others come dashing around the corner I whisper "you're never gonna let this go are you?" which is responded with a "nope not a chance dear".

Alright my lovelies that's chapter ten done I hope you enjoyed and can I just mention that this chapter was exactly 1111 words 😎. I am so so so so so so so sorry I didn't post this sooner but school started again for me and literally the first day back at school my teacher gave us an assessment so I am completely drowning in homework and study for exams meaning my chapters won't be uploaded as frequeNtly IM SORRYYY.

❤❤- Rose