Chapter eight: A Visitor From Hell

When Claire turned around to the three of us claiming victory we all gave her high fives and congratulations but just as I went to hug Claire I watched in horror as the demon arose once again, now infuriated by Claire's beating and attempted to st...

When Claire turned around to the three of us claiming victory we all gave her high fives and congratulations but just as I went to hug Claire I watched in horror as the demon arose once again, now infuriated by Claire's beating and attempted to stab her with its extremely sharp, poisoned filled tongue which thankfully I was able to block just in the nick of time my using my staff.

However, even though I had blocked it, I undoubtedly knew that I wouldn't be able to hold my ground for long.

Knowing this, I shoved Claire to the ground and lifted my staff only to smash it against the ground in front of me sending a huge shockwave sending the sentinel flying onto its back.

Now having bought us a few seconds I send Jim and Claire to get the civilians to safety while putting Douxie in charge of defending us as I whip my phone out of my back pocket to call Toby and warn him and Nari about the sentinels.

While I am consistently trying to calling Toby, Douxie is using his staff to trap it in the same trap Merlin used on Bular the Butcher back in 12th century Camelot.

Still on guard and fighting the monster Douxie was now using his magic to set the creature ablaze allowing me a window to safetly call Toby once more without having to worry about being killed.

Unfortunately by the time my 13th call finally managed to reach him they were already facing one and just as I was about to ask if they had found a weakness I heard a deafening scream from Steve and was cut off.

"Welp there goes Toby's ninth phone I seriously think he needs a lucky charm or a miracle." and just as I say that the sentinel shoots something at me from its mouth and covers not only my phone but also my hand in its sticky green slime.

Trying my hardest to save my phone I shake my hand so violently I think it's going to drop off my arm and immediately after I've given up on my phone my hand starts burning like hell.

"FUZZBUCKETS" I scream in pain and yell "Douxie it's acid don't let it touch you!"

Having had enough of this nonsense I drag water from a nearby fountain using my water bending abilities and direct it straight at the hand covered in acid.

Now free of the strange beasts saliva I run full speed ahead and am joined by Claire as I use my earth manipulating power to create levels of rock leading us towards a section above its huge body.

Just as I'm about to slay the sentinel with my staff it manages to grab hold of it in a horizontal position which I take as an opportunity to use my staff like a bar and I latch onto the metal as hard as I can and swing right under it and the monster kicking it with fire on its under side.

And with that the sentinel let out an ear piercing roar causing everyone around it to block their ears in pain while the beast staggered, fell to the ground and turned into dust as my fire magic spread across its entire body.

Realising that fire and a weak spot on its underside is the way to defeat it I dash over to Douxie steal his phone from his pocket and call Blinky who is with Toby.

As soon as my call is answered all I can hear is "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" coming from Blinky who I'm hoping is listening as I explain the sentinel's weakness and advise him to tell Arrrgh to flip the beast as Toby to usees his war hammer.

This information makes Blinky swiftly respond with an "AH OF COURSE. Arrrgh flip the beast, Dubias use your hammer on its stomach!" which I assume works because I can no longer hear any screaming.

With Belroc's and Skrael's Titan destroyed everyone is safe considering that Nari had control over her Titan and therefore no sentinel would attack.

Just as I hang up the phone and throw it back to Douxie both him and Jim jump up in the air and shout "WOHOO YEAH WE DID IT!" as they high five each other.

"Now this HAS to be our cleanest defeat yet!" Douxie adds while Archie begins analysing everything they could have done different starting off with how Douxie could do with a few more centuries of practice.

"Alright you two come on stop bickering, we have to go regroup at the canals, you got the horngazel Claire?" I say which is completely ignored by Douxue and Archie who are still squabbling like toddlers.

Knowing that the two won't shut up even if I keep asking I walk over to the two, scoop Archie into my arms as Hornbeam flies onto my shoulder and kiss Douxie on the cheek before heading in the direction of Trollmarket's entrance and complete my attention grabbing with "Canals. Now."

PLEASE VOTEEEE 🙏🙏🙏

Alright my lovelies that brings chapter eight to a close I hope you enjoyed! Omg can I just say how much of a struggle it was to spell eighth when I said "Toby's eighth phone" only to realise it was his ninth ayeayeaye I should really get some more sleep. Anyway haha byeee.

❤❤- Rose