Epilogue

Epilogue

Four years later

Tyler's POV

"Fuck off, Ava." I growled into the phone, "Stop calling me."

"But Tyler-" I couldn't handle anymore, I filed for divorce 2 months ago, and last week I became a free man.

We were only married for less than four years. I already knew it wouldn't last in the first two weeks. Yet I still stayed. She was a slob, she wouldn't do anything. She didn't have a job. She would sit at home in a pair of sweatpants. Wearing lipstick at the same time. Once, she was wearing pyjamas with heels. I never understood why. She was at home, why was there a need to wear heels? And with pyjamas?

I think she became a bit crazy. She wasn't anything like the woman she acted to be in public. Behind closed doors, I think she was a psychopath.

I messed up, I felt guilt, guilt for killing her unborn baby. Apparently our unborn baby. She lied. It wasn't my baby.

Sophia even told me. I was stupid, I didn't have a brain. I was a pushover, I felt obligated to make up for what I did. I mean, what if the kid was mine? I didn't want to take any chances.

And I thought.. I thought Ava wouldn't stoop that low to lie about me fathering a child. A child that wasn't even mine.

I filed for divorce right when she told me. I was a fool. And now, I was driving back home after four years. To see Sophia.

I knew that today, today she was going to be mine. I know she would come running back to me. She loves me, just as much as I love her.

We have a connection. I don't think she'll ever stop loving me. Even if I left her for a million other women. She would always come back to me. Because she loves me. And she knows deep down I love her too. Now it was time to show her.

I hadn't talked to anyone from Miami, in a year. Ava wouldn't allow it. I didn't care, as long as she wasn't pestering me, I was fine. It's okay.

I was a block away from home. I was excited to come home. I missed everyone, it was hell being with Ava as my only company. And the team. But that was only 3 times a week. Every other time I was with Ava.

I pulled into the driveway. Sophia's parents house looked different. Plus the driveway was empty. Their Toyota was usually there. Hm. Interesting.

I parked the car, got out, and slammed the door shut. I walked up the porch steps, about to open the door until it was opened by my mother.

"Well, well, well. Who is this, I see?" She stood there, with her hands on her hips. I knew she was lying, but at the same time I knew she was mad.

"Your beloved son." I said, with a small smile and opened my arms wide.

She didn't accept my hug. She just moved to the side, letting me in silently. I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around her slim frame anyways. She was my mom, even if I hadn't talked to her in three years.

It seemed like there was a party out back. I guess that explained the cars but I hadn't been paying attention.

My mom patted my back gently, small tears running down her face. "A little communication throughout the years would have been nice. These days we didn't even know if you were alive or not." She cried, and I squeezed her tight.

"I'm sorry, mom." Was all I could say.

"Welcome home son, everyone's in the back. We've got new guests." She said, with a small smile. She wiped her eyes, and continued to talk.

"The Lockharts don't live here anymore. They moved two years ago after Sophie.. Well. You'll see."

Walking out back, she announced that I was finally home. I followed her to the deck and the scene that I saw made me want to just bawl like a baby.

Sophia was there. Cradling a very small boy, and showing off a large belly in a tight long dress. Pregnant.

She was pregnant.

I was frozen. I couldn't even move my body. It felt like as if my body was going into shutdown mode. My jaw was dropped, as I just stared at her and the child.

I failed to see the hand that was resting on her stomach until now, connected to an arm, and then a man's body. He had his arm wrapped around her.

Oh my god, was she married to this prick? I made eye contact with him, and he gave me a look. He whispered into her ear, and she immediately looked up.

She gave me a small smile, shrugged and looked back down to the boy. I assumed that was their son. She didn't even care that I was here. That this was the first time she saw me in four years.

I wanted to cry. She was glowing. She looked absolutely happy. So happy, it hurt. My heart clenched, and my throat was dry. I couldn't believe it. She doesn't care. She's happy.

Was this what I deserved? Deep down, I knew the answer was yes. This is what I deserve. I left her. I left her, I got married then disappeared for four years. I was a fool for ever thinking she'd wait for me.

She was happy, and it wasn't because of me. It was because of that fucking douche. I'm hers. She has my heart, I don't think I'll ever be happy again.

"Hi Tyler." She spoke. "This is Ashton, our son. Say hi to uncle Tyler." She grabbed Ashton's hand and waves it.

"This is Aiden. My husband." She said, happily, and looked at him in his eyes. Their eyes were filled with love. Damn.

I imagined myself grabbing this Aiden guy, and punching him in the throat. Then kissing Sophia and going far away with her.

But instead, I had to clear my throat and stick my hand out for a handshake. Like a man. "I'm Tyler."

That's when it truly hit me.

She's pregnant. And happy. Without me.

She's married. She has a son.

She moved on, I wasn't even a major part in her life anymore.

Who would've known that I would have been too late.

__________________________

It's over. Omg holy crap it's freaking over. I can't believe it. I've successfully finished my second book. (Well I don't even count rejected as a proper book bc of how crappy it is but whatever still a book LOL) This epilogue was meant to be short and sweet (well for Sophia very sweet haha)

To be honest, I had a lot of writers block writing this. When I started it, I used to write like crazy, and then I lost all the passion I had for writing. That's why it took forever to finish.

Okay what I write now after this is super personal, but I feel like I should let it out:

I just wanted to prove a point here. Don't ever go after your ex. Unless you know that person truly loves you and regrets ending the relationship with you. But honestly, it didn't work out the first time, why would it again?! Trust me. I write from experience.

I started writing this, after breaking up with my VERY serious first boyfriend. (We were basically together for 4-5 years, it's hella complicated lol) So this was kind of my way of getting over him. You could kinda see throughout the chapters how at the start I loved Tyler and Sophia moments, but then as I began to move on i brought in new love interests for Sophia (Andrew first) but then my ex came back into my life and we got back together and I completely changed Andrews love interest, and made Sophia and Tyler together again.

And then at the end (now), I chose Aiden. Because ex's suck. I've moved on 100%, after realizing my ex was a complete ass and never deserved my amazingness.

So there. I hope you guys enjoyed, and if you ever miss your ex, and want to get back together, don't. It'll save you so much more heartbreak.

Bye, my loves. Thanks for reading!! Xx