Chapter 9 - Date Night... Goes Wrong

*lots of swearing, beware

Chapter 9 - Date Night... Goes Wrong

It was 3 hours until I was getting picked up for Andrew's dad's business party. I had showered, and began to curl my hair. I wanted to look my greatest. I was sick of pondering over my former relationship. It's time to be back onto the market.

I was finally ready. And I was going to love this. I let go of the hair that was strung around the curler, and watched in the mirror as a lock of my light brown hair fell in a soft ringlet.

I decided to get light brown, almost blonde streaks in my hair with Kate, and I had to admit, I loved it. The light streaks brought out my eyes and made my skin look somewhat more tan. As tan as it could be in the season Fall.

I missed Kate. I got up from the stool I was sitting on and grabbed my phone off the dresser. I dialled Kate's number, and set my iPhone on speaker.

She picked up after about 5 rings. "Hello?" She picked up, her New Yorker accent clear as mud.

"Kate!" I exclaimed, and I heard her squeal.

"Finally you called me! I was beginning to get worried." She told me, and I let out a small smile.

"I'm sorry, I've been kind of busy." I told her, shooting out the worst and most overused excused in the world.

"Oh she thinks she's too busy for me now," Kate said jokingly, but then continued. "How's your douchebag of an ex? Meet him yet?" She asked, very curiously, mind you.

"Have I met him.. Phew. Hell yes I have."

"And??" She begged me to carry on.

"And he is a complete s-e-x bomb." I told her, and I heard the cluck of Kate's tongue as she was about to speak.

"Honey, that isn't a good sign. He should be the scum of the earth to you! He shouldn't be a sex bomb he has to be ugly!" She exclaimed, disappointingly.

"Did I say sex bomb? I meant piece of shit." I said bluntly.

"That's more like it honey!" She cheered, then continued. "I'm coming down next month, I miss you too much." She told me and I cheered.

"No way!" I screamed.

"Yes way! So you better be prepared because we are going to fuck shit up!" She yelled through the phone, and I began to get excited.

"Kate. Did I forget to mention? I'm going on a date tonight!"

And that's when Kate went absolutely ballistic. "WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" She screamed loudly. "I can't believe it! I'm so proud! Is he hot? Is he nice? What's his name?"

"Yes, yes, and Andrew." I told her, and she squealed.

"Finally you're moving on from that asshole!" She yelled excitedly. I laughed.

I finished curling the last piece of my hair, and let the curler down onto the dresser. I clicked the off button on the top of the handle, and unplugged it from the outlet.

"Yeah. I guess, I can't wait til you come down. I need you." I told her, missing my actual real best friend immensely.

"Aw honey. I miss you too. Dorm life is so boring without you. But professor said I'm here for another 4 months, this is my last semester, I'm so excited!" She cheered.

Kate was majoring in fashion designing. Her and my mom talked on the phone once, and immediately clicked, talking about their mutual hobby. Which was of course, fashion.