Chapter 18 - His Mistakes and Her Wants

Tyler's POV

I walked out of the church, hand throbbing. Ava had clutched it so hard I was beginning to feel pins and pricks, but now it has gone way beyond that. I don't know why she was holding it that hard. There was nothing to be worried about.

The pap's were outside the church, waiting for us to walk out. My bodyguards were there just in time to make sure nothing big would happen.

Ava was grinning like a mad man, staring at the camera and waving her bouquet around. I had to say she didn't look like herself. She didn't have clumps of makeup on like she usually does, and her dress was completely covering parts she'd usually show.

What I'm trying to say was that she didn't look like a whore. She actually looked decent, and I was pretty shocked.

But Sophia. Sophia, Sophia, Sophia. She looked so goddamn breathtaking, it took me all I could not to stare at her. She wasn't my wife, and she never will be now.

It was too late, and I knew it and she knew it. I don't know if I fucked up, or if I made it easier on us. I felt like we wouldn't last again. That's why I decided to marry Ava.

I knew if I bailed out now, it would make the biggest scene and I didn't want that. If I had chased after Sophia, she would be hounded down from the paparazzi's. She wouldn't have any privacy for the next month or two.

But I would have protected her. I wouldn't have let those sleezy paparazzi's stalk her. I'd keep her safe from all of it, and I would try my hardest to leave her out.

Did I make a mistake?

"Mr. Greene, why do you look so down?" One of the reporters yelled, as I covered my face. "Isn't this the happiest day of your life?"

No, no it isn't. I'm not happy at all and I know I made a huge mistake. But it was too late. I can't just make a Kim Kardashian move and divorce after an hour.

God, did I just call myself Kim Kardashian? Well at least she's hot.

Ava and I had finally reached the limo and we were about to leave. I kept wondering where Soph had left. I heard her cry, it was playing through my mind like a broken record.

I swear I was about to follow after her, but Ava gave me the most darkest look I've ever seen on her face, and tightened her grip on my hands. I couldn't believe a woman as small as her could have so much strength.

So I stood there, staring longingly at the door as the Priest binded us in holy matrimony. She would dig her nails into my skin when I would space out, and give me a tight lipped smile.

I said my vows with a gross taste in my mouth, and a dry throat. I had to clear my throat a couple of times. It was all bullshit.

I didn't want to marry her. I don't love her, nothing. I fucked up. I fucked up so bad and I don't know what to do anymore. I felt as if I was 15, staring at the girl beside me after I lost my virginity and thought "what a waste."

I had never talked to that girl again, and thus began my ways of a man whore. At first, I didn't believe that I was a player. I denied it each and every time I would see the girl walking away crying. It was a repeat every month. I would date her for 4 weeks, she'd fall in love while I'd get bored.

But then, Sophia came. And I swear to god she fucking changed my life. She changed my life for the better. She changed me for the better and I cannot repay her.

I remember meeting her for the first time. I knew she was Justin's little sister. He talked about her to us all the time, and I knew half the guys thought she was hot as fuck. Plus she came to most of our games.