Chapter 7 - Who Brought Me In Last Night?

I had tears rolling down my eyes as I watched 10 Things I Hate About You. It was now about 3AM and both my parents had come home.

My mom yelled at me for being up still, but my excuse was "I'm 23, not 5." She rolled her eyes and walked upstairs.

My dad just said hi, asked me why I was still awake and went upstairs. The thing is that my dad was the chiller one from my parents, he was the one I had my first drink with. He never cared about what bad things I did. In grade 9, he had given me a stink bomb to let off at school.

Only thing he had said was "Don't get suspended." And handed it to me with a smile. I let it off the next day, without anyone knowing it was me.

To this day, he was still the chiller one. If my mom had known I let off a stink bomb at school, she probably would have killed me. 10 years later, she still doesn't know.

"And the tenth thing I hate is that I don't hate him, not even at all." She spoke and I burst into sobs. It still struck a chord in my heart. So cute.

I thought about my life. Here I was, 23 years old, at 3 in the morning, crying about a movie. How pathetic has my life become?

Well, it isn't that pathetic, because many girls do this, but if I was still friends with Ava today, she would have told me to get a life.

Speaking of Ava, didn't she come over a few days ago? She had given me a invitation of some sort. But I threw it away. Fuck! I was so stupid! But I meant that I didn't care about what she did or hosted.

She wasn't my best friend anymore, she was just some girl. I dont know anything about her anymore. I didn't even recognize her until she said who she was.

Wow, four to five years do change a person. I know for a fact I changed. I wasn't that girl who was always laughing and cheery anymore. I barely made jokes nowadays, and I always cried now.

Then it hit me. Tyler was basically my source of happiness. Whenever I was with him, I was happy. I felt complete. And I wasn't exaggerating. He was my support. I told him more things than I told my mother.

Today had been weird. Before he came I was crying, after he left I was crying. Was all I did cry? Even before I left to New York, until I had met Kate I cried every night.

There wasn't a night where I hadnt cried. Crying was my only source of happiness.. if that makes any sense. During my courses in college, I barely was able to pay attention because the professor would name something that related to Tyler and I. I would be sitting there in my desk, silent tears running down my face.

I told myself I wouldn't be that person anymore. I had to be strong. Writing was my only escape, and I usually spent my days in the library readng away. I was there so often, that I was on first name basis with the librarian. She was so strict, and it was nearly impossible to be in her good books. But I made it there. Sadly she had passed in my third year, and it was so heartbreaking. She was like another grandmother to me. I'll never forget her.

I turned the tv off, as the credits came on. I tied my robe on tighter, and decided to look at the stars for a bit. I found that it was quite relaxing, and it helped me calm down and fall peacefully to sleep. I quietly open the front door, and sat on the swing that was sitting there at the end of the porch.

My legs continued to swing as I stared up into the sky. The stars twinkled back at me, as if winking. Playing a joke, or hiding one from me, perhaps? My eyes started to close in the cool autumn night, and much to my stupidity, I had falled asleep right on my front porch.

In my sleep indused state, I felt a pair of arms pick me up and cradle me to their chest. I had guessed it was my dad. I huddled up to the warm chest that seemed a bit hard for my fathers. Had he been working out, a lot? Last time I checked he was growing a beer gut. I sighed in that persons arms as they opened the front door. It was different front the freezing temperatures of outside. I felt the bumping of the stairs as the person was walking up them.

They eventually opened up another door, and laid me onto a bed. I felt my flip-flops being pulled off my feet, and a blanket being pulled up to my chin. Now is when I realized I was shivering like crazy. The person moved the hair away from my forehead and planted a soft, chaste kiss there. And then they were gone.

I drifted back to sleep, reminding myself to thank my dad for bringing me back inside.

"Thanks dad for bringing me inside last night." I said the next morning, biting onto a piece of buttery toast.

He sat on the chair, looked up at me from his newspaper. His glasses on the bridge of his nose, he raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

I swallowed the bread before I replied, "I fell asleep on the porch last night, and you brought me inside, didn't you?"

Now I felt a bit uneasy..

"Sweetie, that wasn't me."

My blood ran cold. Then who was it? For some reason, I sort of felt like I knew who. Ugh. When will he leave out of my life? I don't need him to be helping me out when I don't want him to.

He can go help that girl he was with the first time I came back to Miami, and saw him. They seemed to be very close, and I was more than 100% sure that it wasn't any of his cousins. I had met them all already when he used to have very many house parties, and used to invite my family over.

Now I was just acting like I was jealous, when I totally wasn't. There was nothing to be jealous of, I don't like him like that. Never again.

"Never say never." I heard the tv blast with those lyrics by Justin Bieber. My heart stopped and I basically had a heart attack right on the spot. How coincidental was that?

"Honey, what do you mean, you were outside? I never brought you inside." His face became to set with worry lines.

"Oh nevermind, it was just in my dream." I laughed shakily. "It was just a dream."

He looked at me weirdly. "Okay.." His face seemed like he didn't believe me, but accepted my answer anyways.

At the next second. Mom walked downstairs with her perfectly combed hair, and some fancy clothes. "Where are you going?" My dad asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Out with Rachel."

My dad looked suspicious, but nodded anyways. "See you soon." He told her, waving his hand.

"Bye, see you two later!" And with that, she was out the door.

"Speaking of Rachel, do you mind giving Patrick back his tool kit? I borrowed it a couple days ago. I would go but clearly I'm not in the best clothing." He said, referring to his wife beater and pyjama bottoms.

"Sure why not." I told him, and he smiled.

"Thanks sweetheart. So how's the packing going?"

"Almost done, just got one more suitcase to fill and I'm off." I told him, and he smiled.

"Oh, I can't believe you're growing up now." He said then continued, "Did you order your bed, kitchen appliances, couches?" He asked me and I nodded.

"All set to deliver the week before I officially move in."

"That's good," He told me, and got up. "I have work in an hour, so I'm going to go get ready." He told me and I nodded.

"Make sure to give the tools back!"

I mentally told myself to do that.

I sipped my tea and still wondered. 'Who brought me in last night?'

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year :)

What did you guys get for Christmas? My parents got me the iPhone 5s <33

I wish you lots of happiness for the new year, and I'll try posting another chapter before 2014 starts, but no promises!

- Pandora_101