Chapter 17 - Closure

"Honey, what you did there was very, very impolite." My mother scolded, looking down on me. She was pacing the livingroom, blocking the tv.

I was sitting on her couch, feet propped up on Justin's legs. I was ignoring her every word, just zoned out. I was feeling how I felt four years ago. That same heartbreak. The same broken feeling, and those waves of nonstigalia. It wasn't fair, yesterday I was feeling amazing with Aiden and now.. I just felt hurt.

Speaking of Aiden, I hadn't bothered to text him yet. I didn't want to be weird or clingy. I had to act cool about it. But he was sweet. Very. I stil couldn't believe he actually came after me and stayed. He didn't even know me.

"Are you even listening to me? You were the laughingstock of the whole church!" My mom yelled.

"All I did was walk out, mom." I said, even though I knew that wasn't true.

"You did more than just walk out. You let out a sob, you were crying and you slammed the door." She had her hands on her hips.

"I did none of that!" I lied. Now thinking back, I was so embarrassed. Especially since he didn't even run out after me or anything.

What an asshole. I thought. What had happened to all those sweet nothings he was saying on the phone? What about all those kisses he gave me? And he was engaged.

What a fucking liar. I hope he's happy with her. I was done. She was his, and I will become happy and find someone new.

"Mom, just stop. Clearly she doesn't care, and half of us would have done the same thing. Be happy she even came." Justin spoke, annoyed.

It was times like this when I loved my brother. I knew he would always defend me, even if it was against the woman who gave birth to us. We were there for each other no matter what.

My mom huffed, threw her arms in the air with frustration and walked out.

"Thanks. She was becoming kind of annoying." I spoke, and he gave me a dirty look.

"I don't know why you had to go in the first place." He said, pushing my legs off him. I ended up falling off the couch completely.

"I didn't want to be running away from my problems anymore. I needed closure I guess, plus I wanted to see what he would have said."

"Could you have not just asked mom what he had said after? Anyway, where is my daughter, we're going to be leaving now." He said, somewhat annoyed.

"Why are you being such an asshole?" I asked, kind of hurt. No one understood how I felt.

I knew he had my back but at the same time, I knew he could be a bitch too.

"I'm not. I just don't get why you had to do that yesterday, and then pull the stunt you did. I'm not here to yell at you like mom, but I don't understand."

"Fuck off, Justin. I'm leaving." I spat. I knew this was totally uncalled for, but they don't have to be so fucking mean.

"Running away from your problems again, Sophia?" He taunted.

"You're such an asshole!" I yelled back, flipping him the bird.

I knew I was overreacting, but they don't understand. How would he have felt if his ex came back, and invited him to her wedding? I walked away, grabbed my purse off the desk in the front beside the door and walked out.

I heard my mom calling after me angrily, and then yelling my dad's name. "Sophia honey, where are you going?" He yelled, worriedly.

I had angry tears running down my face as I walked away from the house. I needed to go for a walk to clear my mind.