Chapter 13 - He Was A Daddy

The bitch mailed another invitation. I actually opened it this time, and turns out the wedding is in a week. No wonder Tyler's Mom was running around. She didn't seem as excited as I thought she would have. She was in just a "as long as it's done" mode.

"I wish it was you marrying Tyler right now." Is what she kept repeating to me. Every moment she saw me. I felt like shit when she spoke those words because I knew at a point that could have happened.

Somehow I got thrown into all the wedding preparations. I was sitting on Tyler's mom's kitchen table while my mom and his were calling the flower maker to see if the hot pink -yes, the bitch wanted the theme to be hot pink- roses were ready.

They were, and I was supposed to pick them up at 12PM sharp on the day of the wedding. I didn't even want to be apart of this. Because why? It was breaking my heart. Every hour it was getting closer and closer to his wedding.

I still don't understand why I'm even contributing to this wedding. I was being forced. It sucked.

"I'm leaving to take a break." I told them both, got up and walked out. I dialled Dakota asking if she wanted to go for lunch. She obviously agreed, and told me she would be there in 5 minutes.

At first, I was kind of upset because of what she did with Andrew. But I guess I understood. Turns out they had history. I don't know how, but apparently they met in college at some party. And since then, they hadn't contacted. He was like a one night stand.. But it lead to something more.

Sadly he hadn't got any contact information from her. She purposely acted like she didn't know him that day at the apartment. But whatever. Funny thing is, they somewhat have a thing now.

And I'm totally okay with it. Well kind of. I just wished she had told me.

"Sophia?" I heard a voice call my name.

"Nate! Hey, how are you doing?" I asked him, after turning around and facing him.

"I'm good. Come inside, what are you doing outside?" He asked me, curiously.

"I'm taking a break from all that wedding bullshit." I stated, bluntly. I was always pretty close to Nate, he was basically like another brother when my brothers weren't around.

"Oh god I know. I don't know what the fuck Tyler is doing, but all I know is that he's making a big mistake with that gold digging whore." He told me, whispering slightly so no one would hear him.

"Whatever man. It's his choice, if he loves her then he loves her." I told him.

Tyler left two days ago for some post-soccer season training. He was going to come back tonight. After our last conversation, I've been trying so hard to move on.

But I can't. I can't, and it's killing me.

"I'm gonna go inside, you coming?" Nate asked me and I shook my head no.

I heard a bunch of cars pulling in. All of Tyler's relatives from around the world were coming down for the wedding. None of them had met Ava yet.

I looked up, and right into the eyes of Tyler's cousin, Erica. Her eyes widened as she took me in. "Sophia?" She said, walking closer to me.

Oh god, this was awkward.

"Hey Erica." I spoke softly, as she pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you so much. I haven't talked to you in forever. What happened?" She asked me, her voice cracking.

Erica and I.. We were so close. When me and Tyler were together, she was only in grade 10. Which makes her a year younger than us.

She told me everything, from girl problems, to crushes. Everything. She was that one person I knew I could trust with my life. And to be honest, she was like a sister I never had.