Cosmo's bloom.

Have you ever wondered how a flower blooms even in a lifeless environment? I never liked flowers until she handed me a cosmo. Cosmos are known to survive in harsh conditions. Let me tell you a story just like the life of a Cosmo.

Log #1, 10/05/19
Hello. My name is Y/N. I'm a 16 year old starting my junior year of high school. I've been home schooled my entire life. My parents are stern so they thought being home schooled and sheltering me from everything would help me be a successful individual in the future; that wasn't the case. I've always been an average person, nothing really special about me really. Who would know that all would change drastically. She would make me feel like something to somebody.

"Y/N we need to talk!" said my mom in a sincere tone. (I can never have a minute to myself.)

"Aw mom can't you wait until I'm done finishing this episode of Squid Game? I swear I'll talk to you once I'm done with it! Look there's only 4 minutes and 23 seconds left." You said while swiftly getting the tv controller from the coffee table. Y/N went back to slouching back on the grey reclining sofa their mom bought at IKEA when they were a kid. There were a bunch of cat hairs on it from their cat, Socks.

"You seriously want to wait off talking to me so you can get back to watching a tv show on Netflix? Get over here now!"  Y/N's mom was starting to sound even more serious now. They got up before they angered their mom even more.

"Seriously? Oh well. What's up?" Y/N sat down in front of her at the kitchen counter. They faced their mom's wrinkled yet bright face.

"Well, me and your father made a tough decision last week and we've decided that going to school in person would benefit you more than how you're doing online. We've noticed your grades have dropped significantly throughout this year and we want to give you the best educational experience. I understand it's a lot of change and it will take you some time to adjust."

Y/N's eyes widened.
Their face muscles loosened.

"What" is the only word they could think of.

"I don't-...."  Y/N seemed to have lost their words. Anger and anxiety filled them up completely in just a matter of seconds.

Y/N's mom says in attempt to comfort them "I understand Y/N that it can be difficult. How about this? If you struggle with in person school even more, we'll switch back to online! How does that sound? But you have to promise me you will try your hardest! Like you always do." She rubs your back with her gentle warm hands.

Y/N's negative emotions started to fade like soda sizzles. "I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I have been struggling a lot with school lately. I've been falling back severely in my classes, especially English class. I'll give it my best mom!" They partly force a smile on their face.

"I know, I was exactly like you when I was a teenager but anyways...you start school October 7th. We can go shopping tomorrow!" Your mom smiled gently, her eyes decreasing.

"Thanks."