Nerves.

Y/N soon left the bathroom. When they got back to to the classroom everyone turned towards Y/N who had taken so long in the bathroom that everyone had assumed they were skipping class on their first day of school. Sophie stared at Y/N, not letting them out of their sight until they had gotten back to their seat. When the bell rung Y/N rushed over to Sophie. "Is it normal for people to be assaulted on their first day at this school?" Sophie turned their face over to Y/N's and closely observed them in concern. "Who did that? I swear I'll make them regret it...Y/N tell me!!" said Sophie in a loud and furious tone. "Sophie, it's alright. Chill out." "No Y/N I'm not going to chill out, tell me who did that right now!" All of a sudden Sophie released the anger from her face and left the classroom in a rush, Y/N speedily ran after her from the classroom and to the hallways. Y/N was having trouble keeping up with Sophie, who was a fast walker surprisingly. Just as they got near the cafeteria Sophie stopped in front of a figure. Y/N attempted to decipher who it was. "Oh no. Sophie I swear to god." Y/N sprinted to Sophie but before they got there, Sophie forcefully shoved Hyunjin against the wall. Hyunjin displayed an emotionless look on her face. "Sophie , knock it off!!!" Y/N screamed. They attempted to grab Sophie off Hyunjin but failed to do so. Sophie raised her fist in the air, Y/N quickly shoved themselves between the miniature space between Sophie and Hyunjin. Sophie pushed you away and let go of Hyunjin. "You won't even let me get back at the scum who slapped you for no reason Y/N. Don't protect her!" Sophie furiously stomped away from the scene. Once Sophie was no longer visible Y/N turned to Hyunjin. "I'm so sorry about that. I know you didn't mean any harm, even though that slap did sort of hurt.." "I don't need your apology or your sympathy." Hyunjin cat eyed you and left.

Y/N rode the bus home that evening. They looked out the window confusingly. Why didn't Hyunjin accept their apology? They didn't have a good feeling about this school but it's too late now. When Y/ N got home they sat on the sofa for awhile until their brother stormed into the living room unexpectedly. "Stop making so much noise! My head hurts and you're not helping at all." "Sorry.. Y/N, I need to ask you something though." Y/N turned their attention to their brother. "Can you walk me down to the park? There is going to be food trucks and I wanted to meet up with my friends! Maybe you can hangout with your friends there too?" Y/N agreed and went to their room. They opened their messages with Sophie on their phone. Suddenly being reminded about their school day which they tried to forget.
👤
Sophie
4:27 PM
Y/N : "Hey. I'm sorry about earlier, I know you were just looking out for your friend. Want to come along with me to the food trucks to make up for it?"

Sophie : "It's okay Y/N. I overreacted and i shouldn't have done that to Hyunjin. Also yeah I'd love to hangout with you, I'll be there at 5. See you. :)"

—————

Y/N gleefully smirked at their phone. They felt relieved that Sophie wasn't furious at them still. They got up and dressed themselves.

Y/N walked down the street with their brother right next to them

Y/N walked down the street with their brother right next to them. They couldn't wait to see Sophie, maybe even a little nervous. They hadn't seen her get so angry before. Sophie was like an angel that had a devil trapped inside of her, that devil would occasionally make an appearance.