Trying to fix the past

POV: Author

As you both entered the house both you and your mother didn't speak anymore.There was only awkward silence.When your mother closed the door behind you she walked towards the kitchen.You decided to sit on a chair for a while.You started thinking.So this was what had happened between them.You had to say that Alma had been rather rude to your mother, saying that she would be a curse.What could they do to help their situation?They can't just ignore each others presence.That would be impolite of both of them.

It seems though that Alma still cares about your mother.Your mother took out a glass and filled it with water.This was going to be difficult.

''Mama, why don't you try and talk to señora Alma?Maybe you could figure things out?'', you said  while your mothers back was turned towards you.She stopped sipping from her glass.

''Hijo mio, I appreciate it that you care about this so much, but I've already tried.I don't think it's going to work this time.'', she answered and placed her now empty cup on the table.

''It's getting late, we should go to sleep.'', she added.Your mother went to her room and said good night to you.You sat on the chair for a little while and then also got to bed.

You tried sleeping but it didn't seem to work.Your mind was too deep in thoughts and all you could think about is trying to find a solution.You wanted to fix this.You needed to fix this.You decided going to the madrigals house the next day.

.

.

POV: Y/n

It was rather early in the morning.I quietly got up and got ready.When I was ready I made sure that my mother was still sleeping.And she indeed did.So, I took my leave.I hoped that the madrigals were already awake or at least one of them.As I got there I knocked on the door.I waited for a few seconds until someone opened the door.It was Bruno.

''Y/n?What are you doing here so early in the morning?'', he asked.

His hair was a mess like always, and he had tired eyes.Maybe I should have come later.

''Ah sorry señor Bruno, I wanted to talk to Alma or someone of the family because of yesterday.I apologize for the inconvenience.'', I answered.

''Oh s'alright.But I can maybe talk to Alma if you want me to.''

''Oh no no, it's fine.I would rather talk to her personally.''

After our little conversation it just turned awkward.Nobody said anything.There was just silence.I started to slightly get red.I hate awkward situations.And apparently Bruno hated them just as much because he started looking more nervous.

''Uh well.Wanna come in?And I don't know.Talk?I mean you don't need to but I don't know uh-'', Bruno spoke and started to look around and get more nervous.

''Oh uh sure!', I answered.This man was rather adorable when he got nervous.He looked at me with slightly wide eyes and a small smile.He made space for me to get inside.He closed the door and just started walking away.I almost didn't notice.Then I started following him.Where is he going?

Suddenly we were in a room with chairs and he sat down, so I sat next to him.At first it was awkward silence again but then I decided to start another conversation.

''Sooo Bruno.I suppose everyone in the family has a gift, right?May I ask what gift you have?'', I asked.Bruno looked at me and thought for a few seconds.Then he started to speak.

''Well, I can see the future.Back then before the Casita had been destroyed I was gone for 10 years..''

''10 years?!Where were you?'', I asked curiously.He slightly got red again.

''Well, it's uh complicated.Let's just say I was gone.I left because my gift wasn't helping the people nor my family.So I left.'', he lowered his head.Was he embarrassed?

''Oh, I'm sorry to hear that..But you seem to be embarrassed?Why?'', I ask.He looked back up at me and got a bit more red than before.

''Oh no I'm not-Why would you-..Whaaat?I'm not embarrassed!'', he said while fumbling with his fingers.He was getting even more red because of his choice of words.I giggled at his adorable state.

''You don't have to be embarrassed, don't worry!'', I answered while trying to hold in my laughter.Bruno looked at me with an awkward smile.

''So you can tell the future?Could you read the future of my mama?'', I asked with hope in my eyes.Maybe I could see if she gets along with señora Alma in the future!

''Oh well I could, but the person has to be present.If I read the future it always works better with the persons presence.'', he said while rubbing his neck.''And I don't really do those anymore''.I looked at him with sad eyes.

''Can you then read mine?I swear it's only going to be this once!'', I asked with puppy eyes and got closer to him.He got red again.

''Well I-uh..Maybe I could..'', he mumbled.Hope filled my eyes again.I hugged him.

''Thank you Bruno!'', I said with joy.This was exciting.I will get to know what's going to happen in my future!Bruno lightly patted my back and smiled awkwardly.I let go of him and he told me to follow him.Now we were in front of a door with his name, and apparently him drawn on it.He opened the door and invited me in.I looked up and there were stairs.So so many stairs.How was the room so large?

Bruno started walking up the stairs and I soon followed.''Do we really have to climb all this??'', I asked.Bruno nodded.''Yep, but it's not THAT much.'', he answered.Excuse me, not that much?Those were like thousands of stairs!I just hope that I will survive this.