Prologue

Idea and request from @TemperateAxis13

----------------------

The red moon coated the Lanes and bridge in a red hue, in one of those houses was a boy named (Y/n), who was playing with his bunny plush, waiting for his father to return from the battle. He was quite clueless as to what could possibly happen to his father if the battle gets out of hand.

"Stay back you enforcers." He said in a deep voice similar to his father's. "We will win this battle before it even starts." He brought the bunny closer to the stick figures he built, who was the enforcers and the bunny was Vander.

"We're sorry sir, please have mercy." He mocked in a scared voice as he trembled the sticks indicating fear.

"I will not show mercy, for you have crossed the lines." He said again with the deep voice and let out a war cry as he pretended the bunny was running towards the sticks, absolutely destroying them and smacking them in every possible direction.

In the end of the boy's playtime, the entire room underneath the bar was covered in sticks, deciding he didn't want his father to be angry when he sees the mess, he cleans it up and goes back to just hugging his bunny, feeling a bit lonely now that the bar was so quiet.

That was until he heard the bar door slam open and the heavy breathing throughout the bar, he was scared, really scared. 

His father never opened a door that aggressively before, deciding to take his father's earlier words from before he left the house, he hid in the ceiling. 

He shut his mouth so that he could breath normally through his nose and it shouldn't be loud unless it's a vastaya or beastfolk with enhanced hearing.

"(Y/n)?" He heard his father's distressed voice, which made him quickly leave his hiding spot, when he stood up he hugged his plush as he's shyness kicked in when he saw the 2 girl with his father. "Are you alright?"

"Y-yes, I-I thought you were someone else." The boy said with a bit of a stammer as he didn't take his eyes of the red haired that seemed to have tears leaking from her eyes. "W-who are they?" He asked as he hid behind his father's big legs.

"The blue one is Powder and the red haired is Violet, guys this is (Y/n), my son. You remember him, Vi?" He asked the red haired but she didn't answer him as all she could remember was the good times she had with her mother.

Her eyes widen when she felt tiny arms hug her, at first she thought it was Powder but she saw her sister standing to the side, staring at the boy who was hugging her.

"It's okay. Here, it has the super power to make you feel better." The boy smiled as he handed his bunny towards the girl, all of his earlier shyness gone. The girl accepted the bunny and felt a bit happiness, despite what happened a few hours ago. "See, it's special."

"T-thank you." Vi stammered and sniffed as she hugged the doll further.

"Take care of him alright." The boy sternly said making the girl nod her head and Vander chuckle while Powder just tilted her head in confusion.

__________

Short chapter, I know but hey, have you ever read a book with a 4000 word count as a chapter.

Anyways, I wanna thank TemperateAxis13 for the idea and giving me an idea for the entire story plus the ending.

See you in chapter 1.