Everybody Wants To Be My Enemy

"I took a look at your file. There's no record of you and your crimes. What are you here for?" Caitlyn asked the pinkish red-haired woman inside the cell who only answered the question with a snarky attitude.

"My sunny personality."

"You attacked an inmate. Why?" She continued to interrogate the prisoner who was currently walking around the small confined space in a bored manner.

"Why not?" She asked.

"He was a witness in an ongoing investigation."

"Hmm, bummer."

"This was a waste of time." Caitlyn sighed, frustrated at the prisoner's incapability to corporate with her.

"Couldn't have put it better. Hey, give Silco a kiss on that winning eye of his, will yah?"

Suddenly determined to make Vi corporate Caitlyn walked back to where stood before after releasing a sigh. "Silco? The industrialist?" She asked, demanding clear answers.

"Okay, this is getting old. Can you just send in whoever's gonna kick the shit out of me, so I can get on with my night?" Vi asked, fed up with continuous questions of the woman enforcer.

Caitlyn decided if she was gonna get answers she needed to take some risk, she looked at the yellow warning line on the ground and took a breath and stepped over it, mustering all her courage to stand closer to the killer in front of her.

"Does this mean anything to you?" Caitlyn asked and showed Vi the notebook with the pictures of the cursed monkey head.

Vi looked over her shoulder, her eyes transfixed onto the monkey, in an instant she moved closer to get a better look which frightened the woman enforcer who backed up a little bit.

"Where did you get this?"

"My question first. He worked for Silco?" Caitlyn asked, realising she got the upper hand now.

"Uh, they all do," Vi answered her like the fact was visually obvious. "How can anyone not know that? Where did you find this?" Vi asked again but her voice had a small crack to it but Caitlyn didn't pick it up.

"There was an attack. This is evidence. I need proof if I'm to believe what you're saying about Silco."

"I could get it for you." Vi scoffed "Just not from in here."

"In what mad world would I trust someone like you?" Caitlyn snickers.

"Someone like me?" Vi asked getting a bit mad. "You enforcers are all the same. Just asshole criminals in fancy uniforms. You know what? Find Silco yourself."

"I will, thank you."

"Hmm...Undercity's gonna eat you alive." Vi said not caring anymore.

Caitlyn stopped in her tracks once again as she realised Vi was right. She took a deep breath and released it.

_______________________________________

"I've got orders from Councilor Talis, concerning Inmate 516." Caitlyn placed a paper in front of the Prison Warden.

"Not cooperative, huh?" The warden chuckled. "You, uh, you want us to have a chat with her?" He banged a stick onto the ground that seemed larger than a human body.

"No." Caitlyn flat out said.

"Oh."

"It's for her release," Caitlyn informed the man.

"Huh. Since when is he a Councilor?" The warden asked.

"Since today. How many chats have you had with her?" Caitlyn asked when she remembered Vi asked her to bring in whoever was gonna her beat her ass.