---1---

"Papa! I'm turning 15 in two months ! Isn't that exciting?!"

"Yes hija...that's wonderful!" the old man says as he sighs.

"Papa, is there something wrong?"

"No mi ángel. Nothing's wrong..."

"Don't lie to me. I can see that something's going on. Please tell me what's troubling you."

"Hija, I don't think I'll be able to attend your birthday. You know how strict my workplace is, and they want me to go on a long business trip. I have to leave next week."

"O-oh...don't worry, I understand. I'm not upset with you dad. How long until you will come back?" the sadness was very noticeable in the young girls voice, but she tried to stay strong for her father. She knew things were hard their whole life, or at least ever since her mother passed away.

"I do not know, it might be a very long time, my love, and since I can't leave you alone, I talked to somebody. They said they would be very glad to have you stay at their place until I return. I would like you to start packing today, if you don't mind."

"Alright dad...but whose house am I going at?"

"Remember when I used to tell you those stories about people inheriting a miracle?"

"Those silly bedtime stories? Yeah, I remember them. I used to run around the house pretending to have a power of my own."

"Yes, those. What if I told you that it is not just a story?"

"You can't mean-"

"That magic exists? Well, you will soon see it with your own two eyes Y/n."

"Wow...Do you have magical powers too dad?"

"Don't be silly hija, you know we are not gifted people."

"How would I know?"

"Dear-"

"Yes, dad?"

"Nothing. I-I'm sorry..."

"Don't be. I get it." the girl says as she wraps her dad in a loving hug, him returning the gesture."I'll go start packing now, not that I have too much to pack anyways."

"Te amo Y/n."

"Te amo, papa."

After that, I went to my room and got my bag out to start packing. I forgot to ask papa when I'm supposed to leave. I was sad to hear that I won't see him for so long, but maybe a change of environment will be good for me. I've been in this town for my whole life, never left anywhere. Now is my chance to see a bit of the world I live in. Papa said I was gonna stay at a house where the people were gifted and had magical powers. That should be fun, right?

I finished packing pretty quickly and headed downstairs to see my father. To my surprise, he wasn't there.

"Dad? Where are you?"

No reply.

"Dad...?"

Still nothing. I decided to look out the window. He was there, but with a soldier. They were talking about something. My dad looked terrified. It pained me to see him like that yet I decided it would be better if I didn't interfere. I waited patiently for him to come back inside. When he finally did and saw me a fake smile grew on his features.

"You're done already?"

"Yup! By the way, when am I leaving?"

"In two days..."

"Whats?! TWO DAYS?!"

"I'm so sorry hija. This is for the best..."

"That is way too soon! I thought I'd get more time to hang out with you papa!"

"Please sweetie, don't be mad. You know how much I love you. I wouldn't want to upset you, but this is necessary."

"I'm sorry, I'm not mad, but this is all so sudden. I'll miss you so much..."

"I'll miss you to angel. Make sure to be nice to the family, help them around and be polite, and try making friends. You might really enjoy your stay."

"I will, thank you dad. Can you tell me more about the family please?"

"They are the Madrigals and live in encanto. There are 11 of them i believe?"

"Oh wow-"

"Yeah, big family! There are two kids your age. They are all very kind and nice people, and that's kinda all i know...I haven't seen any of them in years..."

"That's fine, thanks."

"It's getting quite late. Why don't you get some rest and tommorrow we'll have fun. Sounds good?"

"Yeah! Night!"

"Sweet dreams angel..."