Never Too Late - II

Happy New Year Makkale!!!

Before we get into the story. Thank you all for the votes and wonderful comments for the previous one shot. This is something huge for a budding writer. I seriously didn't expect this response.
Thank You all for your support.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Standing in a frozen form, Ashwin's mind stopped processing after hearing his mom. He didn't dare to get the words out of his mouth. His mouth started trembling and managed to say

"Ennadhu ponna? Enna ma soldra?"

"Aama da kaadhu kekaadha unakku, ponnu dha paaka porom, vayasagudhille"

"Amma ...." when he was about to argue back with his Ma, his phone started chiming showing up his lil Ma's name. His face instantly gleamed and a smile crept in the corner of his lips.

Wordlessly he moved upstairs receiving the call leaving the conversation halfway through making his mom look at him weirdly.

"Dei..enga da pora...enna sudden a sirikira..paithiyama nee" his mom was confused with his behaviour. When she didn't receive any response from him she sighed looking at his fading image and said "4 mani ku porom. Ready ya iru"

She turned to her husband "Ennanga aachu ivanukku? Vandha odane kathura, ippo sirikkira"

"Vidu ma avanukku enna yosanayo, rest edutha seri aiduvan" his dad spoke favouring him

"Ennamo ponga, romba support pandringa unga payankku" she sighed and left to prepare lunch.

Ashwin climbed the stairs and reached his room jogging and received the call "Maa enna aachu, yen number reach aagala? Evalo dhadava try panna theriyuma. Bayandhuta ma"

Hearing his "Maa" almost after 5 days which felt like an eternity, her eyes immediately welled up.

"Pesu ma, evalo naal aachu un voice ketu"he asked back when he didn't hear anything from the other end.

Swallowing the lump in her throat and hiding her emotions she spoke with her usual chirpiness "Sorry Ashwineyy, network illa ma till I reach back home. Ippo dha I rebooted my phone and called you"

"Hmm seri ma it's ok. Naa inga Coimbatore vandha ma"

"Ama amma sonnanga neenga Coimbatore la irukinga nu enna sudden a. Actually ungala inaikku meet pannala nu irundha but neenga anga poitinga parava illa, neenga vandha odane paakalam"

Instantly his protective nature opened up "Ennama aachu, all ok? Ippove sollu enna pesanum. Any problem? "

"Ayyo Ashwineyy, I'm all fine..Adhellam onum illa, normal a dha paathu pesalam nu sonna" she spoke to calm him down.

"Seri adha vidunga, unga veetla ella ok ah. Sudden a kooptrukanga. Edhavadhu emergency uh"

"Illa ma adhu.. vandhu..." he dragged not knowing if he has to tell her the reason for his visit, which was also a news to him.

Without contemplating further he decided to tell her "Adhu, ponnu paaka kooptanga ma" his voice was almost feeble but she could hear it.

It felt like her heart almost stopped functioning. Her eyes welled up and tears rolled down her cheeks. She didn't dare to utter a word. Her legs trembled and sat with a thud on her bed. There was an awkward silence from both end. Her lips quivered and muttered an "OH" expressing her disappointment

Before he could reply "Amma koopudranga, naa aprom pesara" she abruptly cut the call without waiting for his reply

He felt a pang in his heart and felt like his world stopped revolving. He knew the relationship between them is more than what they thought, but not sure what was going on in her mind.