Mine Forever - I

The dark bluish-grey clouds blanketed the sky indicating a heavy downpour, bestowing a perfect romantic aura for the late evening. Gradually as time passed the thick thunderhead clouds were set to collide with each other showering their love in the form of rain. While the rain starts showering on the ground everybody feels thrilled. One wishes to lie in a cosy bed with thousands of fantasies rushing their mind, while most of them would be in deep slumber as the clock strikes twenty-five past one in the night.

However, this is not the case with Sivaangi, as she was leaning on the headboard, eyes brimming with tears while her little index finger traced the image of her husband on the broken photo frame. Sivaangi was wide awake lost in her thoughts about her Man who was missing beside her on the bed.

Is it one of those days where her husband has not come back home early after the shoot?

The answer is NO, as this is how her past couple of months have been. Yet there is a slight difference, every day she would trace the image of her husband on the unbroken photo frame, unlike today.

It has been almost 2 years into the relationship and 2 years into their marriage and like any other couple, they had a beautiful and lovey-dovey time together. However, the last few months have been a roller coaster ride for both of them.

Loneliness engulfed her for the past few months. This is so unlike her, Sivaangi being the chirpy one was always surrounded by people who have given her enormous love and have not only been on the receiving end but reciprocated the same.

But, the past months have completely changed her as a person which is new to her too. She is slowly losing herself to the world of loneliness. This is not chosen by her, but the circumstances have made her. It doesn't mean that she has not received that love from her people, but the love from the man whom she yearns for has completely ignored her existence. Several things have changed in her, however, her love for him has not altered rather it has increased multiple folds.

With her eyes brimming and lips quivering, she started talking to the portrait

"Yen Ashwineyy ippadi pandra"

"Unakku enna pudikalaya"

"Naa unakku venaama ma"

"Naa unna vitu pogatuma"

She was busy conversing with the portrait knowing she would not get a response. And better in a way, knowing Ashwin might answer these questions if asked directly to him, which she would not be able to bear and that's the only reason for her to keep mum all these days, despite the fact him being ruthless to her

She was completely engrossed in her thoughts when the doorbell rang, a small smile crept on the corner of her lips. No matter what, even if he doesn't talk to her, his presence is what mattered to her.

Sivaangi hastily sprinted off to the door to open it knowing he would be completely drunk and leaned onto the door frame, as that is how her past months have been. Ashwin arrives late every night completely drunk.
With utmost care, she opened the door so that he doesn't stumble with the force of the door opening.

When the door swung open, she was rooted to the ground as she saw him clung to the girl who looked familiar, beside him. Sivaangi stood still there, looking at his left hand that was on the girl's shoulders and the girl held him by his waist.

Recognising the girl, "Sanjana", Sivaangi mumbled the girl's name under her breath.

Sanjana is a newcomer and was introduced in Ashwin's latest romantic flick. From then the onscreen couple has been the talk of the town. And rumours doing the rounds about them dating each other. Sanjana being new to the industry happily accepted the attention she attained through the rumours which got her more fame. She has been using her sources to hype such news to get the popularity she was lacking, though she knows Ashwin has been married for years now.