Her Cute Little Hands

"Hi, Achwineyy", his 6 years old daughter Aashna jumped on her father, as soon as she saw him waiting for her near the main door. It is usually her ammama who used to welcome her from school every day but seeing her dad today her excitement level increased multiple folds. "Hi darling" he protectively held her in his arms and started kissing her whole face.

Once he dropped her down and made her stand on her feet "Achwineyy, what chpechial(special) today, why are you home cho(so) early" asked the little one keeping her hands on either side of her hip, reminding him of someone.

"Tomorrow is our momma's birthday, I wanted to make something special for our momma, that's the reason I am early from office" he explained her kneeling down to her height. "Ohhhhh" she exclaimed, he replied back with a "Ohhhh" making her chuckle and kiss his cheeks.

She then thought for a minute keeping her index finger on her chin "But Achwineyy you never came early for my birthday, momma was the one who alone decorated the house, baked cake, bought gifts, prepared chnacks (snacks) for my friends' she listed out counting the numbers on her little fingers.

"Ayyo, correct a nyabagam vechurakale, amma maariye kelvi kekkara" he thought

"Sorry darling, you know appa was out of station that's why could not help momma the day before your birthday. I will ensure your Achwineyy will do something special for your next birthday" he assured kissing her cheeks loudly.

"Promich (Promise)?" she held her right hand in front of him with a puppy eyes

"Promise, kutty lawyer" he cooed.

"Ok now go fresh up soon and help appa"

She quickly hopped to the room and came back hopping in the same speed "Achwineyy, Achwineyy you forgot this" she let out showing both her palms to him. He smiled at her and immediately held both her hands and kissed each of her palms and kept both her palms on his cheeks.

Soon, the dad-daughter duo moved to the kitchen to start preparing cake. Ashwin was busy mixing the flour, butter and powdered sugar while Aashna sat on the kitchen counter licking on the chocolate syrup spreading it all over her lips, cheeks, chin, nose making her father glare at her for the mess she has created.

She sheepishly looked at her dad who knew what was coming up now. She played the same trick as her mom, to pacify her dad. She held both her hands in the praying form, with her puppy eyes blinking it innocently and apologized "Chorry(Sorry) Achwineyyy"

This has been the gimmick both his girls are following for quite some time now. Though he is aware he never stopped melting for it.

"Vaalu vaalu, appadiye amma maariye" he pinched her cheeks making her squeal "Aah Aah it's paining Achwineyy, leave me leave me"

The batter was kept in the oven, meanwhile, they both cleared the mess they created. Once the oven beeped, they took out the cake and looked at it and looked at it each others face and howled "Wow" and gave a hi-fi.

"Achwineyy, I will make momma greetings we both will gift her, ok?" she cooed
"Ok darling" he said and moved to the room to pack the frame and other gifts which he had bought.

Ashwin was carefully packing the frame along with a few other gifts when Aashna finished her greeting and jumped on the bed to show it to her dad "Paathu ma paathu ma" came his voice as a reflex seeing her jump.

She ignored his "paathu ma" and looked at the frame he was packing "Appa Appa, chow me(show me) chow me(show me), what is it, chow me pleaaachhhh"

"KD KD, when you need something appo dha Appa nyabagam varudha, illana Achwineyy" he smacked on her butt.