𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

We go to Shoupe's office, give him the gun, and leave with only despair and a little bit of hope.

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

 ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

The next day, we're back at school as if everything is back to normal. Which it's not.

"We're in the middle of a test right now," Mr. Sunn whispers to some guy asking to borrow Pope for a minute.

"I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation," the man tells him.

"Mr. Heyward, it's for you," Mr. Sunn allows Pope to leave. Kie, JJ, and I all look at Pope and then back at each other in confusion.

Pope returns only after a few minutes with a fearful look on his face.

"Okay, what was that?" Kie asks him once he sits down in front of her. He holds up an envelope with a wheat symbol on it for me, Kie, and JJ to see.

"Is that the wheat symbol?" I whisper.

"Yeah," Pope confirms.

JJ's eyes widen. "What the f-"

The teacher looks at him. 

"F- fu... fudge," JJ quickly saves himself.

Immediately after class, we head to the library to figure everything out.

"Is this a game of tag?" JJ asks as we all walk through the library doors.

"I don't know," Kie says, focused on the task at hand.

"Am I gonna have to beat you with your protractor?" JJ threatens Pope for information quite loudly, causing the librarian to shush him. "What's going on?"

"Seriously, Pope," I say, sitting down at a computer next to Kie, "you are driving me insane."

"Okay, so that guy was from the scholarship committee," Pope begins to explain. "Take a look at this."