𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮.

Right before closing the door, I peak my head out, smile slyly and shout, "You know, if it weren't for JJ, you would've been my first kiss!"

As soon as I say that, I slam the door shut so that Rafe can't respond. I can hear him knock and protest for some time, but after a few minutes, the noise stops.

Once it does, I let out a deep breath. I might just be buzzed, but other than the creep, that was one of the best nights of my life.

I go to the porch and watch as Rafe mounts his bike and rides away. As soon as he leaves my line of sight, I pass out, the alcohol overwhelming my inner guilt.

 ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

"Wake up, princess!"

I begrudgingly open my eyes to John B standing over me, pinching my nose. 

"Ugh..." I groan, smacking the boy's hand away with all the energy I can muster. "Jesus, what time is it? My head is pounding."

"God, how much did you drink last night?" Kie asks from somewhere behind me. "How'd you get back here?"

"Oh, uh..." I mumble, sitting up and running my hands through my tangled hair. "Some girl I made friends with at the Bonfire gave me a ride. Super nice. I forget her name."

"Limbrey got the key," Pope suddenly announces.

I rub my eyes before looking at him. "What?"

"Yeah. While you were getting your beauty sleep in here, Renfield was threatening us with frickin' arrows outside," JJ yells.

"JJ, you can yell at me all you want after someone gets me some coffee and aspirin. Please and thank you," I demand, head hurting. God, I need to start building up my alcohol tolerance.

"Here," says Kie as she hands me some pills and a glass of warm, somewhat gross-looking water. Not caring, I chug down the entire glass.

"I love you, Kie. I would kill for you," I thank her.

Before she can respond, the door swings open and long-lost Sarah enters.