𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭.

"I need to help my friends, Rafe. I'm sorry," I tell him, steering the boat. "Please don't kill anyone with that. I still trust you."

"Yeah? Well you shouldn't anymore, not after pulling this shit. You're gonna regret this, Stella!"

I ignore him, choosing to focus on finding and escaping this cursed country with my friends.

Maybe he's right.

Maybe I will regret this.

But I need to get my priorities straight, and my top one is making sure my friends are safe.

Even if it means losing my person right after I finally found him.

 ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄

 I met up with the others at some random port I found. We escaped, but we had to leave John B behind because he ran off for some reason.

Pope saw JJ and Kie having a 'moment' of some sort, which a few months ago would've disappointed me, but now I can't give less of a shit.

Now, we're back in OBX. Back in paradise.

We arrived in the morning, and everyone's split up to reunite with our families. 

I happily walk over to my house, almost unable to contain my excitement of telling my grandma everything that had happened. 

I rush up the creaky stairs and knock on my front door.

I wait for a while to no answer.

Weird, I think to myself. Her car is here, so should she. Then I remember that she's usually out in the garden, pulling weeds or tending to her wide array of flowers.

But she's not there either. 

Maybe she's asleep? I think to myself before picking up the spare key we have hidden under a plant pot and unlocking the rusty back door. 

"Grandma?" I call out to no response. "Hello?"

Confused, I look around the house and see no one there.

Then my heart stops.

What if Singh got to her?

Then I shake the thought away, telling myself that's ridiculous. I just escaped. Plus, I don't think he cares that much, does he?