Pt 1 Ch 8

George laid his head back into Clay's lap, smiling contently as Clay played with his soft brown locks. Clay looked down at the man resting beneath him, feeling an overwhelming surge of adoration and care towards him. He leaned down and kissed him softly, making sure to tap his hand before doing so so he wouldn't alarm him. George giggled into the kiss, "what's gotten into you silly?" Clay laughed softly "nothing I just realized how beautiful you are darling" George turned red at the words, cupping Clay's cheek to bring his face down to his lips and pressed his lips against his gently.

After so many years of solitude on both ends they were finally happy, finally at peace with the world and themselves. Clay felt their cat, Patches, curl against his leg and sighed contently. The domesticity of the whole situation making him overwhelmingly happy.

George got up suddenly with a sly smile on his face, mumbling something about him being right back. Clay tilted his head in confusion but sat patiently petting Patches. George returned a minute later grasping a small box in his hand. Smiling, he handed it to a confused Clay who took it and slowly opened the lid. Inside were two rings. Thin and simple yet so, so beautiful. Clay gasped, looking between the box and George rapidly. George giggled, "what do you think?" Clay leapt up and wrapped his arms around him, laughing into George's shoulder, shedding a few tears of joy as he did so. George hugged him back lovingly and finally grasped his hands when he was released from the embrace. Clay wiped his eyes shakily and whispered "Yes; yes to marrying you, yes to being yours, yes to anything and everything my beloved." They slid on the rings, having their own ceremony in the hours of the night in their small peaceful home.

Authors Note
I hope you guys enjoyed that, thank you for all the support, I love you all so much in my own little way! Remember to get some sleep, drink some water and take care of yourselves, stay safe guys <333

Concernedsoup