Pt 2 Ch 6

Clay POV
I froze, my jaw going slack as George uttered the words I had both dreaded and prayed to hear.
I like you.
Shit shit shit.
I wasn't ready, I knew I wasn't. I want him so bad, I want the feel of his lips on mine, the curses he lets out in bed with him below me, the warmth of his arms around my body on cold nights. I love him more than I could ever possibly say. But I'm not fucking ready.
I can't afford to make him mine again. What if I've been the problem all along? What if being with me kills him again? Before I could finish thinking though, his hand found mine, a gentle squeeze shaking me out of my thoughts. His soft brown eyes examined my face as well as they could, the soft frown on his pink lips ever so nostalgic from the night I had confessed my true nature all those centuries ago. I could notice the soft tremble of his bottom lip, the way his eyebrows furrowed together made me want to reach out and smooth them out, god he was adorable. Holy shit Clay get it together. George was looking down at our intertwined fingers now, a silent question in his eyes as he looked back up.
I was being a dumbass. I know that. But what choice do I really have? I've been selfish enough to follow him knowing he's better off without me, the audacity I was having to now pretend to care was disgusting. I stared past George's face, at the paintings on his wall, in the corner of his wall there was a small Polaroid of us and Milo, a smile crinkling the sides of his eyes, his beauty in full display, and even in that small picture you could see the way I was looking at him. Pure adoration. I have never loved anyone but you George Davidson. And i never fucking will.

George POV
What the fuck was I thinking? He was staring past me at this point, he clearly didn't feel the same. I pulled my hand away from his, taking a shaky breath. "You should...you should probably go." My heart raced as he looked back at me, finally opening his mouth to say something. "Yeah. I probably should." My breath stopped. He was gonna leave. He was actually gonna leave. This was it. I ruined things. I ruined things like I always do. Milo whined against my leg, nuzzling me gently. I reached down to pet him as I heard the apartment door close. I finally let the tears flow. What have I done. What have I done. What have I done.

Author's Note
Hey loves, stay safe and healthy out there, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, love you all and thank you for your continuous support!! <333
- Concernedsoup