Pt 2 Ch 7

Listen to song above for best experience : D
Clay POV
My hands were shaking as I turned on the ignition in my car. I started hyperventilating, my grip on the steering wheel slipping as the rain pounded down on the windows. Why is everything so blurry?
Fuck fuck fuck
As I brought my head back up the headlights of a truck flashed into my field of vision. The next few seconds were a blur of shattered glass, my breath being knocked out of my lungs and the sound of metal being folded as though it was paper. The slight sound of Ella Fitzgerald from my radio playing
"And why my angel eyes ain't here
Oh, where is my angel eyes"
Then
Silence.

George POV
My mind is a funny thing. Steps are given to you. Stages. warning signs to look out for. How to deal with, manage, control, and keep it at bay.
How to enclose it and keep it locked away in a remote part of your mind until it is subdued. But what happens when the steps stop working? What happens when everything you thought you had under control falls apart?
I brought my knees back up to my chest, the cold hospital hallway adding to my discomfort. No one was here but me. Clay didn't seem to have any family or other friends...it was odd to say the least. I got the call from the hospital, being the only contact he put for emergencies. The repetitive tiles on the hospital floor were so shiny you could see the reflection of the stupidly bright ceiling lights. It had been 4 hours of silence, waiting for any update from the doctor. I pet Milo next to me, his soft fur and soothing presence the only thing keeping me calm right now. This was beyond fucked up. This is the type of dramatic dumb situation you'd see in a soap opera. It didn't feel real. It just...didn't. Not when I'd seen Clay lying motionless in the hospital bed, not when the doctors had explained the situation, not when the nurse walked in saying I'd have to wait outside, not when my friend Nick had dropped off Milo to keep me company. Nothing felt fucking real right now.
The sound of doors opening and closing caused me to snap my head back up, placing my legs back on the floor, Milo's head perking up as well. "George Davidson?" I nodded, my grip on Milo's leash tightening in fear. "Clay is in absolutely fantastic condition, haven't seen anything like it in my 30 years here" I let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding, nodding eagerly, awaiting more information. "He seems to be healing remarkably fast, he should be fine for visitors by tomorrow morning. I'd recommend going home and resting, you can come by again tomorrow." I nodded, thanking him and calling Nick to come pick me up. Thank the gods.
On the drive home something seemed odd to me. He was hit by a semi truck
And survived
Not that I wasn't happy, I obviously was but this is beyond a miracle. This is just...impossible. Something isn't right. And I'm going to find out what it is.

Author's Note
I'm eating the nicest goddamn noodles I have ever had these are heaven. Love you guys have a wonderful day/night! Thank you for your constant support and patience! <333
-Concernedsoup