Chapter 8: You?

"Approaching Anaxes."tech said from the pilot seat.

Everyone got up to see the planet through the clouds up in the cockpit, all except Juliet who was stubbornly ignoring everyone. She was too lost in her own mind to converse with anyone.

"Juliet, we're about to land. Are you ready for this?" Hunter asked while crouching down in front of her seat.

"No, but I don't have much of a choice now do I sarge." Juliet said with an attitude.

"Okay I understand you're scared. But please don't be cruel to me, I'm here for you" hunter said before kissing her forehead and walked away back to the cockpit.

Juliet huffed, she didn't intend to be mean to hunter. He had been nothing but kind and understanding to her.

"What's got you all worked up doll?" Crosshair asked while sitting down next to his friend.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Just a little nervous"

"Stop lying to me"

"Crosshair please. I have a lot going on right now-"

"Landing in 3 2 1" she heard tech countdown from the front. Not acknowledging the fact it was a rough landing.

"Whatever, don't come crying to me next time you need something then" Crosshair coldly said to Juliet, not helping with her nerves at all.

The squad all put their helmets waiting to step out of the ship. Juliet watched them walk out one by one, hunter, tech, Crosshair, and wrecker

"The Calvary has arrived!" She heard wrecker say before walking down the ramp.
She heard their mumbled voices talking with each other from a distance, she couldn't make out exactly what was being said.

"Come on Juliet, you're an adult now, you can't keep running away from your problems"
Juliet whispered to herself before getting up and making her way down the ship. Her heart was pounding at an alarming rate, she thought hunter could probably sense it from a distance.

When Juliet walked out of the ship she saw him for the first time in years. He looked so grown up, his armor was battle ridden, he held his head high confidently as a leader would. She saw Cody on his left, behind them were two other clones that seemed to be a part of Rex's battalion based off the matching blue accents on their armor.

As she approached the men she stayed close to Crosshair. He glanced down at her, she looked frightened but gave her friend a small smile. The scared look on her face made him feel guilty for being rude to her earlier on the ship, he gave her a nod and a smile easing her nerves slightly, until she heard someone say,

"Who's she?"

All eyes went to her and she found herself feeling like a child who got caught in a guilty act as she inched closer to Crosshair to make herself appear small and hidden.

"This is Juliet, a bounty hunter we've worked with a couple times here and there. She was with us when you called commander. I'm confident she will be most helpful on this suicide mission you've dragged us along on" hunter said, trying to lay low on how well they really knew her.

She kept her eyes on hunter the whole time, unable to find the courage to face Rex or Cody until Cody spoke up.

"Thank you for tagging along Juliet, we'll need all the help we can get before our generals come along." Cody said making eye contact with her before moving his attention back to hunter, not seeming to recall her face.

"Of course commander" Juliet responded before finally looking to Rex.

Rex looked like he had just seen a ghost, eyes big, mouth hung open, looked pale, almost sickly. He couldn't believe his eyes, Juliet was standing in front of him after 7 years of her supposed "disappearance" from kamino. What was she doing with clones?