Chapter 18: The end of beginning

Juliet woke up to a sharp stomach pain the next morning. She immediately jumped out of bed and ran to the toilet to throw up all the alcohol she drank the previous night.
It was never ending, she thought she might have had alcohol poisoning.
She was struggling to breath in between the vomit coming up her throat. Her hair was pulled back as she continued vomiting, she heard Hunter ask her if she was okay.

"Yes, thank you." Juliet responded in between breaths. Once she was done she shut the toilet and lowered her head leaning against the lid.

"Can't drink like that anymore old lady." Hunter joked.

"Thanks" Juliet responded quietly, forgetting about their fight the night before. Once he saw she was okay he got up and returned back to the room to pack his belongings now that he was awake.
He was still extremely hurt by what had all gone down the night before, but he still wanted to know she was okay.

Juliet watched him leave and all the memories came flooding back to her. She got up slowly and made her way to the room and said,
"Hunter I'm so sorry for everything that happened. I'll do whatever it takes for your forgiveness."

"You should get cleaned up before we leave." Hunter responded, not looking up at her.

"Hunter" Juliet sobbed out.

Hunter glanced up at her, his heart hurting seeing her so upset. He loved her more than anything, but He needed some space. After moments of silence Juliet turned back around and took a shower. She scrubbed all the evidence of the previous night off of her, disgusted at everything that was said and done.

When she was done she wrapped herself in a towel and walked back to her room to grab fresh clothes. She was surprised to see crosshair sitting on the chair in the corner of the room, looking down at his data pad. He glanced up at his friend, not bothered by the fact that she was barely covered by the small towel.

"Crosshair what are you doing!" Juliet gasped before yelling out to him.

"The others went to breakfast, thought I'd wait for you." He responded, looking down at his data pad again.

"Oh, thank you, I just need to change and pack up my couple things and I'll be good to go."

"Take your time." Crosshair responded.

Juliet quickly got changed into comfy clothes for the trip and collected the last of their belongings to her bag. She sat down on the bed facing Crosshair and said,
"I'm not really hungry."

"Me either." He responded.

She nodded her head at him and they sat in silence briefly before he spoke up again and asked,
"What happened last night?"

Juliet hesitated, disappointed in herself.
"I stumbled out of the bathroom and Rex was there. He helped me sit down somewhere and we were just talking. The conversation got more serious and he kissed me. I was drunk, i didn't fully process what was happening at first but once I realized what had happened I pulled away and he left. Hunter brought me back here and we got into a really bad fight, worst one we've ever gotten in. I don't know where we stand now, he can't even look at me."

"He just needs time, he'll be fine."

"I don't know crosshair. I've never seen him so disappointed. I really hurt him." Juliet responded while wiping a loose tear away.
She felt like she had cried so many times these last couple months, she felt dumb.

"You're the only person he's ever been in a relationship with. He's figuring things out."

"He's right though, he said we were perfect before Rex came back into my life. We never fought before then. In my defense I didn't even want to go on that mission to skako minor. Who knows how different things would've been if I didn't go."  Juliet said staring out the window.