Chapter 10: Choosing sides

The squad had made their way back to the republic base to reconnect with the Jedi for further assistance. Hunter left with Rex to update general Skywalker on the information they found and to make plans for the retrieval of echo.

Juliet stayed with the rest of the bad batch on their ship while they waited for hunters next orders.

"Is it always this fast moving on missions? It feels like I wait so long to see you guys return home but it's different being with you guys on this serious of one" Juliet said out loud to everyone as she was sitting next to tech.

"We don't usually work with the Jedi generals. Our main target is to help assist with taking out separatist outposts or droids, most of the time we're just back up."  Tech responded

"You guys should be appreciated more with your talents."

"You mean defects? We're just freaks" Crosshair said not looking up as he was inspecting his riffle.

"I don't think you guys are freaks"

"Aww thanks little J!" Wrecker said walking in while lifting gonky, Juliet rolled her eyes with a smile.

Hunter suddenly walked in looking confused.

"What's the plan sarge?" Wrecker asked

"We're waiting for general Kenobi to approve of the plan, as soon as he's informed we'll be on the move to Skako minor." Hunter said as he sat down next to Juliet throwing an arm around her shoulders.

They all made small talk about the "what ifs" on the mission while waiting for word from the generals when they heard a familiar voice say,
"Knock knock"

The squad looked up and saw Rex and general skywalker walking up the ships ramp. Juliet had never met general Skywalker before, he looked young, handsome.

"You boys ready for take off?....And girl?" Anakin added once he saw the girl sitting in between hunter and tech. She stood immediately when her and Anakin locked eyes.

"Ah, you must be Juliet. I heard you'd be tagging along, pleasure to meet you." Anakin said waking up to her with his hand out to shake it.

"Thank you for letting me stick around general. It's been a long time since I've seen a Jedi."

Anakin nodded with a smile. Tech got up and headed towards to cockpit to take off. Hunter squeezed Juliet's shoulder before standing up to the control center. Everyone disperses and does their own thing, tech was piloting, wrecker was lifting gonky, general skywalker was inspecting crosshair's modified riffle, hunter was messing with the controls, Juliet was standing next to Rex not saying much.

"So, how many missions has your team been on Sargent?" Anakin asked out loud.

"Honestly sir, I've lost count. All the action sort of blurs together."

"I know you work with Cody sometimes but, who do you guys report to?" Rex asked the question that Juliet had always wondered herself.

"Hmm. Good question, can't say I've got an answer"

"Yeah!" Wrecker  said while taking a bite of some kind of meat making Juliet chuckle.

Suddenly the ship shook and beeping started aggressively.
"We're approaching Skako minor. It looks to be a difficult landing. " tech told everyone

Wrecker ran to the front to assist tech pilot and everyone else sat down and strapped in.
Once landing everyone was in the cockpit looking out the front window at the sand storm in silence until Anakin asked,

"Rex, what do we know about this planet?"

"On this part of Skako minor there's a race of locals. All we know is they're very primitive"
Rex responded.