Chapter 3: Moon

(Y/N pov btw)

I woke up to my alarm set to my watch. It's 1:24 am. I look at sundrop who is still hugging me, with his arm around my waist. I knew I had to go check around the daycare and see if everything is secure. I sighed and I gently lifted sundrop's arm and pulled the blanket to cover him. As I grabbed my flashlight I looked around the room again, still wondering who the guy with a moon face was. I shrugged and headed out. As I walked over to my desk I heard footsteps coming behind me. It was sundrop, tho he had a look of disappointment in his eyes.
"Back to work so soon?" He said as he tried to smile.
"Yeah, it's my job to check if everything is secured, I shouldn't have been sleeping.." I said
"Well since you're awake now, could we draw? Oh please can we draw!" He said excitingly
Before I could have a chance to answer I got a text from Vanessa.
Stay alert, there's a kid running around, make sure he doesn't get away...I think he's headed to the daycare
I looked at the message with slight confusion at what's going on
"Hey-Sunny do you know if there's a kid that didn't return to their parents from earlier?" I asked.
"Oh no! I never leave a child alone, they must be cared for at all times and I wait for their parents to come back! Why is something wrong?" He said with curiosity
"Well, there seems to be a kid who's lost...he may come here too, so be on the look out for him" I replied
He nodded as he head patted me with a smile.
I blushed as I said, "anyways, for now we can draw for a bit"
He smiled with happiness and skipped to the desk with markers, crayons and glitter glue.
"Oh happy day! I can't wait to draw with you Y/N!"
I giggled and walked over as well and sat down at the desk.
"What are you gonna draw?" He said looking over at my paper.
I tilted my head thinking...
I looked around for inspiration and landed my eyes on sunny. I smiled at him and started to draw a sun shape.
A few minutes passed and I was done. I looked at the drawing that I had worked on...it wasn't the best but I'm sure he'd like it.
"Ooohh new friend, is that me? Why I look amazing!" He said proudly.
I smiled with pride and as he was about to show me his drawing we heard a splash sound from the ball pit.
We looked at where the sound came from.
I turned back to look at sunny but he was gone.
"S-Sunny?" I started to say
"HELLO NEW FRIIIIEEND" I heard as I looked to the ball pit. Sunny stood there holding the kid up high.
"IS THIS A SLUMBER PARTY?" He continued.
"There's only one rule: keep the lights on...ON...on"
The kid looked at him and then at me, frightened.
As soon as sunny put him down to join us to draw, the kid ran away and went inside the playground. Aaaand then sunny went inside too and they were both gone. Dammit, that kid was going to cause trouble if he didn't come back. I looked around desperately trying to find one of them. Suddenly, the kid was behind my desk and look around in a rush. I ran towards him screaming.
"HEY DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING-" I started to say when the lights switched off.
Sundrop catched up but it was too late.
He started to wail in pain as his clothing started to turn blue. His face started melting into a moon shape.
"What did you just do kid?! There was only one rule and you broke it!" I angrily said to him.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know-" he started to say when we heard a deep creepy voice.
"Naughty naughty boy, you must be punished" it said.
The boy ran away again into the playground and left me frustrated. As I was about to go, something pinned me to the wall and had their arm around my waist.
"You just be punished too" he whispered in my ear too. I looked up to see an animatronic with a moon for a face. It's the guy from the drawings in Sundrop's room. I tried to push him away but his grip got tighter.
"Sundrop liked you a lot...he thinks you're pretty" , he started to play with my hair, "you better behave for now" He said with a sly smile. as he began to come closer there was a sound of something turning on. The thing looked at where the sound came from and saw the kid turning on the generators.
"If I find you moving an inch away from this spot, I'll make sure the punishment will take longer until I'm done with you" he said loudly at me, though the last few words seemed kinda...I'm not sure if animatronics think that way but even so...
As he ran off to capture the boy I fell to my knees thinking about what he said and if it was true. No...I can't be thinking of that right now, I have to go get the kid. I started to head towards the lights turn on I saw the kid trying to get to the last generator, but the thing was about to get him. I ran between them and without thinking I stopped the animatronic. He growled and said angrily, "get out of the way or you'll regret it-"
But before he could stop I kissed him to shut him up. He looked confused but gently released his grip, And before I knew it the lights were on. And then sundrop appeared in front of me turning red.
"Uh...missy-what's going on?" He started to ask as I pulled away.
"Um..." I said as I looked at the kid who ran off.
He looked at the light switch and the kid, then at me.
"Oh...you met Moondrop..." he said sadly with disappointment.
"Is that his name? Wait where did you go? Where did he go? What's happening?" I continued to ask.
"When the lights go out im gone, and in return Moondrop comes...usually he's friendlier but lately he's a little...aggressive" he said.
I nodded and looked away, embarrassed from the kiss earlier. Sundrop patted my head with a smile and said,"good job sunshine".

1103 words :')
I'm exhausted now-so ima sleep
Also pls pls pls comment if I should keep this a
Moondrop x reader
Sundrop x reader
Moondrop/sundrop x reader story :)

Also should there be smut in this story, tho idk how ima do that

Should I make this a gender neutral story too? :o