𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 , 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏.

[ CHAPTER FIVE ! ]

first impression.

"LEO. I'M TRYING TO STUDY."  Clay sighed, running a hand through her hair. Leo groaned and she grew fed up with his bickering, she looked up at him, "What? What is it?" 

"He's going to be here soon." Leo threw his hands in the air. 

"Who?" She bit the end of her pen as she returned to the textbook sprawled out in front of her. 

"Matt! The person I've been talking about for the past ten minutes." He put his head in his hands, exasperated. 

"Okay. You two have fun." She mumbled. 

"Matt! He's here."  Leo stood up, and Clay hadn't even noticed. 

Soon enough, she was met with Leo and his friend, Matt. 

Clay looked up at him and examined his features--he was wearing black glasses and he had a cane to his side. 

She smiled lightly, though she knew he couldn't see it. She hadn't bothered to reach her hand out, it would save her embarrassment for the future. "I'm Clay." 

"Matt." He reached his hand out, though, shocking Clay. 

She took his hand and watched as his lips turned up into a smile, his teeth showing. 

He was tall and muscular, he had dark brown hair and a sharp jawline. And he was incredibly charming--it would be a lie to say that he wasn't attractive.

Leo said something in Matt's ear before they both sat down. 

This was going to be a good thing. 

CLAY LOOKED OUT her window as she smiled, thinking about the memories she shared with Matt. The happy ones, the sad ones. She missed both.

"Claire's freaking out. She wants you to call her." Leo caught her off guard, startling her.

Clay looked up at him and nodded, "I'll call her."

Leo smiled a small, sympathetic smile. It was the classic, sorrowful smile he had a habit of giving her. It was his I know you're about to cry smile. And then he walked out.

Clay sighed to herself before standing up and walking over to where her phone was.

She went to her contacts and searched for Claire's number.

Finding it, she dialed it and put her phone to her ear.

It rang four times before someone on the other end answered.

"Hi--Hey," Her voice was rushed and it had panic and worry clear in her tone.

"Claire?" Clay bit her bottom lip--a nervous habit she picked up when she was younger, "What's going on?"

"How...How soon do you think you can get here?"

"Maybe...twenty minutes?"

"Okay. Okay. Yeah, get here soon, please."

"Claire, what's going on?" She asked again but the line cut out before she got an answer.

She set her phone in her pocket and rushed out to Leo. "Can you watch my sisters again? I'm sorry, it's Claire. She needs me."

"Yeah," He sighed, "Yeah. Is everything okay?" He slid his hands in his pockets.

Clay shrugged, she really didn't know. It didn't sound like it--Claire wasn't the first person to get shaken up. Not like what she just heard. She grabbed her jacket off of the chair she would sit in, and then got her keys. "I'll explain whatever happens later."

Leo nodded, waving as she walked out.

CLAY KNOCKED ON Claire's door twice. She heard distant talking and it sounded like things were being rustled together all in a rush.

Soon, Claire came into view. She peeked through the small crack of the door she formed before opening it completely, looking down each side of the hall before closing the door behind the duo.

"There's this man...I found him in a dumpster, right outside of the complex and he told me to call you right before he passed out on my floor." 

Clay's eyes widened as hee furrows knitted together, she cleared her throat. "Excuse me?" 

Claire opened a door and sure enough, there was a man on her couch. He was facing the opposite direction of her, facing toward the wall. 

It was dark in the room and all Clay could see was a shadow. 

"Did you call her?" The man questioned, looking over his shoulder. 

Matt. 

"Matthew?" Clay walked up to him, searching for confirmation that it had really been him. 

"So you two do know each other?" Claire asked from the doorway. 

"Unfortunately."