𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 , 𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅.

[ CHAPTER NINETEEN ! ]

red handed.

CLAY STUMBLED INTO her apartment, smiling as she tried to regain her balance, sliding her shoes off.

Mason flipped her hair and leaned against the wall, blinking slowly as she watched Clay. Clay personally had been on a rush. She was eager to do something rebellious, something she could never tell anyone about.

"Well, that was fun," Mason grinned, referencing to their night at Josie's. And Clay nodded, limping over to the sofa in the middle of the room, practically falling onto it. "Here," Mason walked over to help her, brushing her hand against her arm but ultimately grabbed Clay's hand, and she rested her other hand on her lower back, attempting to lower her onto the couch. But Clay slipped on the rug, shrieking as she fell right onto the ground, resulting in both of them ending up on the ground. Clay being flushed against the wooden planks, and Mason, holding herself up with her elbows; which are on either side of Clay's head, and they just laid there for a moment. Completely caught off guard, practically lying against one another.

Mason read something in Clay's eyes, her eyes daring and dark with a glimmer of lust. And she especially couldn't help when her gaze fell to Clay's lips--which were now parted--her full, lipstick-stained lips. And she wondered what they tasted like; once again, something she imagined more than she would like to admit. She wondered if they were as soft as velvet like she had imagined. Would the red lipstick Clay was wearing wipe off onto her own lips?

All these questions that she needed to know the answers to.

So, she closed the space, connecting their lips. She kissed Clay.

And surprising her even more, Clay kissed her back.

The kisses were soft and steady. Nothing like the drunken state Clay had been in previously.

It was electrifying. The emotions that the kiss brought to Mason were amazing. It was all too good.

Suddenly, the realization that Clay was drunk sunk in. She didn't actually want this, she was in a different headspace, completely gone. Not to mention, she and Matt were happy.

Pulling away, she sighed and avoided eye contact, "You're drunk,"

"But I want you," Her smirk was devious and daring, as her hand trailed around Mason's neck and grasped the necklace dangling between them.

The three words were enough for Mason to take her right here, more than enough. But she knew better. "Clay," She was fighting with herself, her voice so quiet it barely came out a whisper, "You're drunk."

Clay rolled her eyes, pouting, "Please." As her fingers trailed down her collarbone, saying much more than words ever could.

And when Mason couldn't say anything, Clay took initiative, flipping Mason on her back and pinning her to the ground, getting herself on top. Breaking the space.

Their lips moved together as one, perfect, soft kisses.

Mason's hand glided up Clay's back and trailed back down her spine, sending shivers down it. And when Clay began to take Mason's shirt off, she almost lost all control.

Within minutes, they were both laying on the floor together, shirtless and hot. But Leo walked in.

"Fuck," Mason groaned under her breath as she broke apart from the kiss, leaning her head on the cold floor. Leo peeked his head over the gray sofa and immediately grimaced at the sight, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"For fuck's sake," He silently cried, "Matt is here. And he's coming out here, in this living room. In a minute."

The duo got up quickly, and Mason rushed into the closet to hide. Muttering a stream of curse words as regret set.

Clay grabbed Mason's shirt, sliding it under the couch while she put on her own.

Matt shortly came out of the bathroom, smiling. Clay and Leo forced themselves to smile while Matt approached Clay, sliding his arm around her waist as he kissed her on the cheek.

Clay had become completely sober by now, forcing herself not to slip up. She stood up and avoided eye contact with Matt. "Goodnight."