𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 , 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈.

[ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ! ]

an eventful evening.

LEO WALKED INTO Clay's apartment, his shoulders slumped and his hand sore. He slid his blazer off as he walked to the couch in the middle of the living room, throwing it on top of the ottoman--where it landed perfectly--he let out a deep huff, cracking his neck as he unbuttoned the top 3 buttons of his shirt, giving him more room to breathe. He approached Clay, joining her on the couch. He allowed his white shirt to untuck from his dress pants as he kicked his shoes off and then rested his head in Clay's lap.

Clay looked down at her best friend, drinking from her wine glass, "How was your date?"

Leo nodded lightly, closing his eyes as he exhaled. "Uh, it was good."

"You tired?" Clay wondered aloud, scratching the brunette's scalp as he lay there, humming an 'mm-hmm'

He cracked his fist, shaking it out to try and ease the pain that ached through it. Clay took notice of how red his knuckled had looked, and she wondered who he had punched this time. Especially considering Leo was never a fighter, never really a talker or a negotiator--he just killed them before he had to open his mouth. Though, before Clay was able to ask, a knock came from the door, echoing through the apartment. "I'll get that."

Leo sat up straight, allowing Clay access to stand, she set her glass of red wine on the table in front of her and limped to the door. Before answering, she looked out the peephole, revealing a familiar face.

She sighed, opening it, "Hi Mason."

"DO YOU ALWAYS just show up?" Clay asked the duo as she allowed them in, walking them to the table where Leo was now sitting at. "I thought you were going to text me before coming." 

Mason sat down and shrugged, "Maybe I missed you,"

Clay rolled her eyes, and as she was about to sit down, another knock appeared on the door. She let out a light groan, stepping back to the white door, and when she looked out the peephole, she saw Matt. Her brows knitted in confusion as she opened the door, his nose was misplaced, red, and cut--appearing to be broken, followed by a left eye that began to swell into a black eye. "What the hell happened to you?" she asked, reaching up to touch his black eye,

Ignoring her, "Are you alone?"

She began to shake her head, "No. Why are you here?"

He didn't say anything. Just motioned to his nose. "I..." He knew he didn't need to use the excuse that he fell. 

Clay then felt a presence come up behind her. Matt not only felt it, but saw it. Leo staring directly at him with clenched fists. "I thought I told you to stay away?"

Clay could feel her eyebrows furrow as she tried to figure out what he meant. She looked back at Leo, "What are you talking about?" 

"You want to hell her or should I?" 

But before Matt could reply, a dark haired woman walked behind Matt. 

"Jesus Christ," Leo muttered, running a hand over his face, "How many fucking people are gonna show up?"

The woman had a gorgeous golden tone to her skin, her hair long and silky. Her eyes were big and dark. And her smile was even bigger. "Hello," She had an accent, one that was smooth yet had a hint of sass, of confidence. "I'm Elektra," she held her hand out, "I hear there's a meeting going on for the vigilantes of Hell's Kitchen?"

"Uh," Clay looked back at the others, Mason, was noticeably irritated. Matt seemed uncomfortable, and Ada was amused. While Leo still sat there, jaw tense. "Come in..."

She was reluctant to say the least, for all she knew, this woman could be an undercover detective. Matt followed. And Leo and Clay just accepted it. This was happening. 

Elektra sat in the seat next to Clay, the one on the very end. Her smile was replaced with a smirk. Her eyes were wandering in all the wrong places--and then back to Clay's eyes, "Well you look like you could be good fun."

Leo didn't bother to hide his bark of a laugh, he was laughing terrifically loud. And looking at Matt as he did it.

Looking at the jealousy on Matt's face, a devilish smirk made its way to her lips. "Not too bad yourself." 

Matt cleared his throat, cutting the heavy tension between them.

"DO YOU WANNA tell her or should I?" Leo repeated, and his gaze was laced with venom. He looked like he was going to demolish Matt--like he wanted to kill him in the most violent way possible. And it especially wasn't helping that he had a knife in his hand, one he acquired a few minutes ago, one he just slammed into Clay's dining table, one he has been twirling over the past several minutes as they spoke about who they all were, why we're there, and what our goal is. Matt didn't seem to be too focused on that, though, he was mainly focused on Mason, who was clearly interested in Clay.

Leo grabbed the blade from Clay's table, revealing the scar marking in the wood that it just left. Now pointing it at Matt's face, "Cause if you keep whispering in your sweetheart here's ear," Moving the metal to Clay momentarily, "I swear to all the fucking gods, I will take this knife and carve it right through your face. And I don't think your sweetheart will like you very much without your pretty face, yeah?"

Clay didn't say anything. And while she was thoroughly impressed with Leo at the moment, she still had no idea why the tension was so thick between the two boys. 

"As much as I'm sure Clay likes my face, I think there are other parts of me she likes just fine," Matt's lips turned into a smirk, and his eyes glittered.

Leo stabbed the knife back into the table and stood up, his nostrils flaring and his eyes fiery. "You know, I'm so close to killing you right now."

"Too bad you can't, because 'sweetheart' here won't allow it."

Leo didn't say anything, instead, her just wrapped his fingers around the handle of the knife, stepping closer to Matt--challenging him further. "You're right, I won't. But, I will do this," There was a loud cracking noise, a bone cracking.

His nose was broken all over again. 

It was a blur of punches and blood--and shouting.

And suddenly, it was all so clear.