𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 , 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒚, 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒚.

[ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ! ]

jealousy, jealousy.

IT HAD BEEN TWO weeks since the events in Leo's apartment--Where the girl introduced herself as Mason, and her sister was Ada.

Clay, Leo, Foggy, Mason, and Ada now walked into Josie's, Clay stuffed her hands in the pockets of her jacket and huffed, exhaling the smoke she was previously holding.

"Remind me why we're here?" She wondered aloud, turning her head to face Leo and Foggy.

"Uh..." Leo was about to say something, but he checked out—he was staring at something ahead and now his mouth was agape. Clay followed to where he was looking, where she saw Foggy and Matt. And Karen.

Karen had been slid right behind Matt, her hand on his, she was giggling, and he was grinning.

"No. No. No, I'm not doing this," Clay clenched her jaw, turning around.

She heard Foggy's voice come closer to her, "I'm so sorry—"

"It's fine," Leo said softly, before stepping in front of Clay. "Clay—"

"No, Leo, I'm not doing this." She repeated and began walking to the door, but Leo held her arms gently, blocking her from leaving. "Get off of me!"

He didn't budge, keeping his grip tight on Clay, "You need to calm down, Clay. You can't always walk away from things--"

"I can barely fucking walk, because of him!"

"I know, Clay. I know. But you can't always just walk away--" 

Clay lost it, she flung her arm back, pushing him onto the ground. 

She felt guilt overtake her as her hands began to shake with fear. Unable to stay in this room with dozens of eyes on her any longer, she charged toward the door. 

The room was getting smaller, the walls closing in on her. Her lungs collapsing as she clenched one fist at her side, the other grasping the collar of her shirt in attempt to let more air in.

While she was outside, Foggy was quick to Leo's aid, kneeling down on one knee as he reached down to offer a hand. 

"I'm fine." Leo let out a harsh breath, declining Foggy's hand as he got up on his own, his arm quick to rub the back of his now sore neck. 

Matt jogged up to the duo, his hand resting on Leo's bicep, looking at the door where Clay had just run. "What the hell was that?" 

Leo couldn't believe he was asking what was going on with Clay when he was the very cause of it. He spared the man a deadening glare as he let out a sharp scoff. "Eat shit, Matt." 

He didn't bother apologizing to Foggy, all he could focus on was Clay and keeping her from doing more damage than good. He stomped his way past the crowd of people now staring at him and toward the door of the bar.

When he made it to her, Clay was shaking. Her hands, her head—her feet, her entire body. She was so caught up in her own headspace, so far away from reality--she couldn't believe what she had just done. 

She had blocked out all noise around her, it wasn't until she felt a hand on her arm that she was brought back into reality. Ignoring the intense shiver that went up her spine, she looked up immediately; meeting Leo's soft gaze. "Leo," She shook her head repeatedly, "I'm so, so sorry. Please, I just--I--I'm sorry--" She ranted, trying to find the right words, staring down at her shoes, repeating the same apologies over and over again.

He cut her off by holding her face in his hands, forcing her to look up at him.

As he was looking into her eyes, he grinned. His eyes full of nothing put pure sincerity and kindness. And that's when Clay realized, he was so good and loving and she was so wicked and evil. Absolutely nothing like him.

"It's okay." Leo was smiling. Grinning.

Clay nodded, resting her hands on his, still caught on the fact that he wasn't upset with her.

Meanwhile, still inside of the building, Foggy and Matt had been looking out the window, "He's good for her, don't you think?"

Matt nodded, tilting his head down, "Yeah," he nodded once more, "He's perfect for her." He just wishes he could say the same for himself. He cleared his throat, scratching his eyebrow. "Hey, what, uh, happened to her leg?"

Foggy's features saddened, "Car accident. Isn't that horrible?"

He felt his heartbeat quicken. He would have known something like this happened. "When was this?"

Foggy hummed, thinking. "Around the 24th."

And that's when it hit him. The night in that building, he left her--something must have happened.

Guilt overtook him, his stomach began to knot and clench, he felt sick. The room was spinning. His head suddenly felt light. He needed to throw up.