Chapter 3

Send To: Jennette
From: Athanasia
Subject: My new place is great!

Jettie!!!! How are you? I'm doing okay. I know that I just saw you yesterday but I really miss you already. Come visit me soon please? There is so much to see here! The house is so cute. I can see everything from my window. I'm sure you'll love it just as much as I do right now. And the sky is so blue and... oh crap! I just checked the time! I have to head off to school now. Lilys on my butt as we speak. I'll update you as soon as I'm out or as soon as I lose my mind. Please say hi to uncle and all of our friends for me <3 Miss you!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I put my phone in my pocket and yank my hair up into a ponytail. It's needlessly long and constantly gets in my face. Maybe I should have Lily cut it soon.

"Athanasia. If you don't get here right this second. I'll call Felix." I hear through the floor of my room. Lily's threats are always so soft, I only ever fear her if she says my full name.

"What's Felix going to do anyways? Hug me to death?" I mumble under my breath.

"I can hear you young lady." I scoff as I make my way down. We've already eaten breakfast but I stuff a grape in my mouth as I gather my things. My right foot taps the ground in anxiety.

"I can't believe you got all this ready behind my back."

"It had to be done."

I glance down at my uniform and frown. "I haven't worn a uniform like this since grade school. I wanted to match with my friends."

"It looks cute on you. Everything does"

"Stop trying to win me over. I'm still mad at you. Do I really have to go to school today?"

"Mhm."

"..." I throw my bag over my shoulder and open the door. Lily races after me.

"Let's do this Athy! This day will fly by before you know it then we'll sightsee and eat choco cake."

My fingers shiver as the cab hums patiently for us. The truth is I'm very scared right now. What if they don't like me?

"I don't know if I can do this Lily." When was the last time I attended school? Ah, before Mom's-

"Oh dear." Lily quickly grabs something from her bag, "I almost forgot to give you this..."

"What's this..." I gasp, my hands shake over my lips.

Mom's locket. 

"Your father asked me to give this to you today."

"..." I take it and place it on the palm of my hand, "Daddy did?"

"Yes." 

Pools of tears form at the corners of my eyes but I take the locket, pull it over my head and blink repeatedly. I rub my eyes and take my bag again, this time marching towards the cab.

10 minutes later we get there and my heart starts pounding like a drum, loudly, all the way to my ears. I can hear it. I can't remember the last time I've felt like this. It's scary and nerve racking. God. I hope this day ends already.

I open my eyes to look out of the cab. Lily waits patiently for me to head out but my heart flips at the size of the school. For a small town, this school is pretty big. Maybe about 100 students? Holy cow. I wish Felix were here to guide me.

I take a deep breath and open the door, my feet barely touching the ground before I fall over. My nerves send shivers up my arms in shock. A group of boys laugh. How embarrassing~