Chapter 9 - Lost In The Mountains

*Mirabel's POV*

I'd finally gotten far enough away from the town that they wouldn't be able to see me. I just hope no one saw me running away. What am I saying? Of course they didn't. If anyone had seen me, they didn't try to stop me. The only problem was, I hadn't really thought this through. I forgot to grab food or water, and I had no idea where I was going. All I really packed was spare clothes which would be pretty much useless where I was right now. Actually, where even was I?

This isn't good... I don't know where I am and I have no food.. I can't believe I'm saying this but I have to hope that someone saw me and knew where I was otherwise I won't survive...

*Camilo's POV*

I barely slept that night. I was so worried about Mirabel. What if we never find her..? What if she dies because I didn't stop her when I had the chance?! I didn't realise that tears had started to fall until Dolores whispered to me.

"Hey Camilo? You alright?"

"O-Of course I am! W-W-Why wouldn't I be?" I whispered back, smiling nervously.

"Camilo, you were crying.. Plus, you are my little brother. I know when something is up. Are you worried about Mirabel?"

I sighed in defeat.

"Yes.. What if she dies because I panicked and froze when I could have stopped her..? She used to be my best friend Dolores.. I can't lose her..." I spoke quietly, tears threatening to spill.

"Don't worry about Mirabel little bro, she's strong" she smiled, wiping the tears away.

I smiled back. I'm glad she came with us.

*Isabela's POV*

I woke up to whispers coming from behind me. It sounded like someone was crying.

Camilo? Is he crying?

"What if she dies because I panicked and froze when I could have stopped her..?"

That sentence. What if she does die..? The only thing we do is fight... I heard more crying and I honestly felt kind of bad. But I pretended to be asleep until I eventually did fall asleep. We will find her. And that's a promise.