Chapter 13 - Bringing Her Home

"I-I can help with that" I heard tio Bruno say awkwardly.

"How?" I asked.

Bruno whistled and two horses came charging towards us.

"You had two horses and still managed to not get caught by Mirabel?"

"I've been hiding in the walls of Casita for 10 years without anyone knowing. I think I know how to be sneaky".

"I knew" Dolores I said.

"That's different! You can hear everything!"

"Guys! Focus!" Isabela said.

"Oh right, sorry!" Bruno replied. "Everyone on!"

I told the others to go and that I'll be there in a second because I had to grab Mirabel. Isabela and Dolores got on one horse while I picked Mirabel up and managed to get on the other horse with tio Bruno, careful not to drop her.

"Onward!" Bruno shouted as the horses galloped in the direction of what I assumed was the town.

*Time skip to when they reached the town*

We were finally back at the Casita.

"Ma-" I started before being interrupted by tio Bruno.

"Shhh! I can't be seen. If they see me, they'll think I caused this.."

"But tio Bruno-"

"No buts." he replied, climbing off the horse and heading away from the house. "I'll still be in the house but I'll be returning at night, when its too dark for them to see me."

"Wait tio Bruno!" I whisper shouted, carefully putting down Mirabel before running towards him.

I pulled him into a hug.

"Thanks for the help"

"Your welcome Camilo" he smiled, hugging back. "But I've got to go now. Remember, I will always be here if you need me. And say hi to Mirabel for me"

We said our goodbyes and Isabela, Dolores, and I headed towards the house, picking up Mirabel.

"Mami! Tia Julieta! We need help!" I yelled.

I saw Tia Julieta poke her head out the door. When she saw us, she cried tears of joy, running towards us. Until she realised..

"Mirabel!" she cried, tears running down her face. She screamed in despair, thinking she had lost her youngest daughter.

Everyone came running out of the house having heard the screams.

"Camilo! Dolores!" Mami exclaimed.

"Mami!" Dolores and I responded together.

"We need to heal her!" I said. "She hasn't eaten in three days and she isn't breathing..."

"We would need another miracle to keep her alive.." Abuela spoke softly.

"No..." I replied, quietly.

Did we fail..?