book 2 chapter 2: the whip wielder

Note: I don't own the intro above, Replace the chapter title and number with the story chapter.

Iris Libre

unknownlist to Josh and the others, Adrian's partner: Marinette finds out that Emerald was calling from the main Azur Lane base. She heads to her partner's office with some macaroons on a tray.

Josh: and that's how I've managed to persuade the Sirens into letting me keep the Orochi.

Adrian: have you thought of a new name for it?

Marinette: (places the tray between the two friends) How about 'Azur Crest'?

Josh: (Ponders) Azur Crest, huh? I like it. But I wonder if Emerald would like it too. (Takes a bite from a macaroon) these are always great, Marinette.

Marinette: t-thanks. Oh by the way, Emerald was calling us for something about a 'Franziska Von karma' or something?

Josh: wait, Fran is over there right now?

Marinette: that's what she's been asking about.

Josh: can you patch her call through?

Marinette goes to patch Emerald's call through to Adrian's office phone and Josh starts to explain to Emerald about Franziska but cautions her to be careful around her. Adrian gives him a letter about some Iron Blood ships who are planning to defect to Azur Lane which has Bismarck in the dark.

Josh: who are they, Adrian?

Adrian: one of them are already here. (To Jeanne D'Arc) can you bring her?

Jeanne: certainly.

While Adrian's secretary went to get a Iron Blood member, Josh was having a look at the file of the defectors and one caught his attention.

Josh:(to himself) KMS Nürnberg... it's been sometime.

Then Jeanne D'Arc returned with someone who was instantly recognised by Tirpitz.

Tirpitz: Mainz?

KMS Mainz
Naval ship: Light Crusier
Camp: Iron Blood
Faction: Azur Lane, Red Axis (formally)

Mainz: Hi Tirpitz.

Tirpitz: W-what are you doing here?

Mainz: Bismarck has been incredibly dangerous lately since her defeat by your hands, Tirpitz.

Tirpitz: is it because of my betrayal from Iron Blood?

Mainz: more like against Red Axis. So some of us decided to do the same.

Tirpitz: that's dangerous. Who else is defecting?

Mainz: Nürnberg is one. Along with Garf Zeppelin, Köln, Karlsrhue and Ulrich Von Hutten.

Back at Azur Lane.

Emerald is pacing back and forth in worry as an Eagle Union ship has docked at the port.
At the port, Oklahoma welcomed the new arrival but when she goes to hug the arrival, a whip scared the day lights out of her.

?: Seriously, Fran? Okie's a friend!

Franziska: so? She was too close for my liking. (To Oklahoma) Can you take us to the office?

Oklahoma: (scared) O-okey.

She leads the two towards the office. Along the way, Oklahoma informs them that Josh is currently away for a mission and won't be back for a week.

Franziska: so who is in charge while he is away?

Oklahoma: that would be Emerald.

Franziska: who?!

After she took them to the office, Oklahoma introduced Emerald to Franziska and her friend, New Orleans.

The next chapter: a new rivalry