book 2 chapter 3: a new rivalry

Note: I don't own the intro above, Replace the chapter title and number with the story chapter.

Iron Blood Naval port

A few ships were going to their respective vessels for a supposed patrol only for them to head to Iris Libre where they were join up with Josh's fleet. They were Garf Zeppelin, Köln, Karlsrhue, Nürnberg and Ulrich Von Hutten.

Köln: does everyone know what they need to do?

Nürnberg: arrive at Iris Libre then join up with Josh and his fleet, Ja?

Köln: excalty.

After they clarified their plan, the five Iron Blood members left the base for Iris Libre. But shortly after they left, the defectors came under attack from their former allies. Nürnberg sent an sos to Iris Libre.

At Azur Lane,

While Emerald was having some lunch but when she got back to the main office, she found Franziska was sitting behind Josh's desk.

Emerald: just what do you think you're doing sitting at Josh's desk?

Franziska: I'm just sitting here.

Emerald: (folds her arms infront of her) that's not an accurate answer.

-whip crack-

Emerald: Yah! Hey, Watch it!

Franziska: just remember to watch yourself and perhaps you wouldn't be facing off with my whip.

Emerald: Just because you have a (was interrupted by the whip) Hey!

Franziska chuckles a little but notices that Emerald was getting annoyed. When Yorktown arrived, she asked Emerald to go for a walk instead of fighting with Franziska. Emerald reluctantly agreed.

Yorktown: (before leaving the office) just remember when Josh returns, Everything will be back to normal. (To herself) I hope...

During her walk, Emerald was fuming until she met up with Javelin, Ayanami, Laffey and Unicorn.

Emerald: (to herself) Just who does she think she is!? Bringing a whip to Azur Lane no doubt!

Javelin: um, Emerald?

Emerald couldn't hear Javelin as she continued to mutter to herself till U-chan decided to nudge her right leg which caught her attention.

Emerald: hey guys.

Ayanami: Is everything ok? You look like that you're angry about something.

Emerald: yea, It's that cowgirl and her whip...

Laffey: you mean Franziska? She's always like that. Once you get to know her, Franziska is a good person inside.

Emerald: and the whip?

Javelin: she only uses it when ever she gets annoyed with anything including Ark Royal's personality with Destroyers. Mainly she keeps Ark Royal in line.

Emerald: I don't see how myself and Franziska would get along, Javelin.

Javelin: I think it's because that she was supposed to be second in command in Azur Lane.

Emerald: then why did Josh made me second in command instead of her!?

Ayanami: Mainly because that he didn't want to content with her whip. I've seen what happens when she uses it against him and her whip circulate around his wrist.

While they were chatting, Yorktown was amazed that Emerald had calmed down abit. And she decided to check in with her sisters.

The next chapter: saving the defectors