one

authors note: hello and happy new year! i hope you enjoy this new fic but pls be aware new updates will be slow due to length and also nothing in this fic will be medically accurate ;; anyways enjoy and heres to a new fic! <3

it's silent- aside from the occasional dripping of water onto the floor and quiet groans coming from outside room 356. inside said room lies a boy on the hospital bed. the boy on the bed is hooked up to multiple machines, an oxygen mask covering most of his small face. the machine beeps faintly almost as if it was tuned down.

the boys hair is a complete tangled mess, while the eyebags on his face are deep and hollow, no sign of sleep ever appearing on his face. the boys eyebrows begin furrowing- a completely different expression from the few years he had been like this. he'd expected a few whispers from somebody- anybody. even just murmurs of the doctor would've been great to hear in his limited consciousness and yet, there was nothing to be heard. not even the sound of cars honking could be heard. it was quite frankly odd.

his eyes shift under his eyelids and when he squints his eyes to look around- nothing is what he'd expected it to be. he expects the fluorescent lights above him to be blaring in his eyes, but they're not. as he stares at them longer he realizes there's no way they could be turned on as the light bulbs were broken. glass lay on the tiled floor with small droplets of blood, what exactly happened here?

the boy's fingers slowly twitched as he examined the room more. the hospital room looked dirty- as if nobody had stepped foot into the room for years. spider webs were webbed in the corner of the walls, bugs lay trapped in the silk.

his fingers twitched more, slowly gaining feeling in his hand and slowly up his arm. he feels around the bed, grasping the sheets lightly with the little muscle that he currently has.

"where the fuck am i?" he groans, staring at the blank white wall in front of him as he stretches his extremely sore body. the last thing he remembered was his car had crashed into someone else's car- had he caused that? was it his fault? he wasn't sure. glass was everywhere in the car, smoke was coming from both of the cars. his head felt... wet? as he reached up to feel for it, he heard shushing from the passengers side.

"hey, hey. ven don't do that." a blonde girl next to him spoke, her mismatched eyes were laced with concern as she looked him up and down. which was kind of surprising since she didn't look too well either. one of her arms was bent oddly and blood stained her strands of hair and forehead.

he looked around silently without another word and the girl stared at him, "we're getting help, okay? someone's already called the ambulance, they're coming to get us. it'll be alright, venti."

venti... was that his name? it must be, there's nobody else with them so it had to be.

"fischl, it... it hurts." he whimpers out, tears trailing down his cheeks. fischl... that name had just slipped out. his name is venti and his friend's name is fischl and they are potentially on the verge of death, got it.

he shifted his legs that were soaked in red and small shards of glass before he cried out when pain quickly shot through his body.

"don't move, shh, it's okay, venti. look, they're here." she coos and before he can reply he is back in his hospital room.

he doesn't know what happened then and now, he has no clue what is happening.

he slowly removes the oxygen mask from his face and he shifts his body to get out of bed. surprisingly enough, his legs don't seem to be in that bad of a shape besides his legs' constant wobbling and unsteadiness.

he tiptoes around the broken glass on the floor before coming across a small table in his room that had a pair of clothes and shoes. a sticky note lay atop it, the words slightly faded.