seventeen

authors note: this is mostly dialogue surrounding everything abt xiaos dad uhm so i will say this bc i Think xiaos family plays a very HUGE part of this fic, infact this is literally just a xiao centric fic w side xiaoven, zhongluc, and xingyun LOL

on a side note, im turning the age that xiao and venti r supposed to be in this fic in like 2 weeks... amg... and for those who dont know: no im not 14 LMFAOO ppl think i am for some reason but like... no... im probably older than all my readers... teehee!

i dont have much to say about this chapter except be nice and enjoy it! :-D

cws: nsfw language but like theyre all jokes & implications of abuse

________________________

it's early morning and xinyan is woken by a scream. xinyan is fearful for what's to come next until she looks to her side and sees xingqiu hugging onto chongyuns torso while the smaller boy colors onto a blank sheet of paper. 

"oh, good morning, xinyan," xingqiu says as he rests his chin on chongyuns shoulder as he looks over to xinyan. xinyan groans as she covers herself with a blanket that was laid on the cold tiled floor haphazardly. 

she squints at chongyun, who seems so focused on the paper while he holds the crayon in his hand harshly, "what are you doing?" 

chongyun jumps slightly at the sound of her voice before showing the piece of paper to her. the drawing seemed like a child had drawn it but she knew that chongyun had tried his best and xiao would appreciate it. 

in the picture, it was xiao holding flowers next to everyone— chongyun, xingqiu, xinyan, venti, zhongli and even that tall redhead he was seen with for a second. 

above the drawing, in large letters he had written in bold red crayon, 'GET WELL SOON, XIAO-GE!!!! :-D'.

xinyan smiles as she hands the paper back to chongyun, who grins back at her in response. 

"i know xiao will love it," xingqiu whispers as he presses a kiss to chongyuns cheek.

chongyun frowns, "i hope he does. sometimes he looks like he doesn't like anything i do for him." 

xinyan tilts her head to the side, "what do you mean? i'm very sure he appreciates everything you do for him." 

chongyun shrugs, "he acts like a robot. he doesn't smile or seem like he even has emotions." 

"well, he does," xinyan says as she watches chongyun write, "he just can't express those emotions as well as you do but just know he appreciates everything you do, yun." 

chongyun shrugs, "well no, i know that. i'm talking about when he's mean and just very violent." 

xingqiu looks at chongyun, "to be fair, he is a murderer which is what some people would call, an extremely violent and dangerous man. so it's no surprise, yun." 

xinyan shrugs, "he was raised like that, chongyun. i don't think he knows anything besides violence." 

"oh." chongyun says it so softly that it feels as if the boy is squeezing at xinyan's heart. 

"if you want," xingqiu begins, "we can go see if they'd let us visit. i know qiqi's visiting so i think they'd be able to let us in. 

as the three of them walk (well, except for chongyun- skipping, in his case) over to the room that xiao was situated in, xinyan couldn't help but think about how awful xiao was when he was sick around her last time. granted, he hadn't had an eyeball taken out, it was just a measly fever but still, his behavior is always awful when he's sick. last time he'd gotten sick, he blacked out once and was delirious for days on end. xiao had even tried to fight her while he was sick like that, which obviously didn't work out but dear god, xinyan terrified.