thirteen

authors note: sooo um. double update!! honestly i fucken looooooved the charactierization for this chapter and even though its almost 2 in the morining and i can barely type correctly anymore bc of how much ive een typing this week!!! ANYWAY!!!!!!! aging characters up/down and making characters taller/shorter my beloved <3 one day ill make like. a reference of everyone bc i have such detailed images of them in my head im sorry. if u think u know what they look like in this fic: No u Dont (or maybe ur in my brain and u do. i dont know!)

ALSO!!!!!! THERE"S SCENES W KAZUHA AND SCARA IN THIS BUT PLEAAAAAASE DONT SHIP THEM IN THIS FIC!!!!!!! 

kazuha is fourteen and kuni is like, 20 in this fic so. i respect u kazuscara shippers just. this is not the place for it babes <3

cws: um abusive relationships for the rest of the fic due to this arc, uh. that's it i think, this one's kinda short LOL 

_______________________________

the group stares off as venti, zhongli and the unnamed redheaded man rush for the room that xiao was located in.

the expression on all their faces were the same— brows furrowed, lips drawn in as they looked to the side in worry. none of them were sure of what was happening with xiao and even if given the chance to know, none of them would take it.

"excuse me," a soft voice spoke up and everyone looked at the person the voice came from. he was short, maybe the same height as xiao, with platinum blonde hair with a bright red streak in it. he was wearing a large oversized sweater and baggy pants that didn't seem to fit him in the slightest. in his hands were bundles of rope that he was twirling around a bandaged hand of his.

"apologies but they said you have to wait over here," he says as he guides them to an empty room with a table and chairs. they probably used the room for team meetings, xinyan thinks, but at the same time they have way more people than they do so there's no telling as to what they use this room for.

as they all sit down, the boy slowly undoes the rope and immediately xinyan knows what he's going to do. he doesn't look like he wants to do it either, judging from his watery eyes and how his pupils never stay in one place, always darting back and forth.

the boy's soft and gentle hands wrap the rope around xinyan's wrists as she holds them behind the back of the chair.

"you really don't wanna do this, huh?" xinyan asks as he knots the back of the rope as he moves to the next person, xingqiu.

the boy jumps slightly as he nods, "yeah but i... i don't really have a choice."

xingqiu frowns from his response, "what do you mean by that?"

he ties xingqiu's wrists together as he walks across the table to where chongyun and qiqi sat, "well, i'm only here because they said they had information on where my mom and my stepmom are. i don't know where they are since i was in school when everything happened."

"oh, i'm sorry," xingqiu says, "chongyun and i were also in school when everything happened but we know how his aunt is doing so i can't imagine how you're feeling without them."

the boy sniffles as he moves to qiqi, "yeah, i miss them and i'm still really, really scared of everything."

xinyan sighs, "well, if you ever wanna leave with us when we go, you're free to join us."

the boy stiffens from her words, "leave?"

xinyan is about to ask him about what he means when suddenly a tall man with a hair color similar to chongyun and a large scar across his face walks in shouting, "kazuha! what are you doing?"