twenty nine

authors notes: i was writing most of this chapter on vc with lily and i was screaming lyrics to this song and lily was like "aww xiaoven" (lily knows nothing about genshin except about shenhe and chongyun) anyways everyone thank lily for making me realize the lyric "you can do no wrong in my eyes" is actually so xiaoven it hurts

ANYWAY!!! the next few chapters might be mostly about chongyun and xingqiu but idk.... also nobody complain >:(!!!! chongyun is my baby and i will fight for him!!

lily qotd: i love men who kill (zhongli)!
i love you girls who maim (xinyan)! i love you girls who bite heads off (fischl)! i love you men with giant axes (diluc)! i love you men covered in blood and viscera (xiao)! I love you men who fight with ruthless uncaring efficiency (xingqiu)! I love you men who are feminine but in a masculine way (venti)! i love yuo chongyun (chongyun)

cws— past dysphoria and like. violence as a metaphor for love blah blah im sleepy lmk if i missed any

________

venti's practically frozen in his spot as he stares at her. she looks so different yet so familiar. she still has her long blonde hair and those mismatched eyes of hers that made her stand out from everyone. a new small scar was laid upon her face, it had healed but it was new to venti. she still looked the same no matter how long it had been. she’d grown taller and sure, that was never new due to the fact that she always seemed to tower over him even when they were kids but fischl was close in height to diluc. 

"so, you gonna give me a hug or what?" fischl asks as she stares at venti with a lifted brow. 

venti nods, "right! of course, i'm so sorry– just shocked, you know?" 

fischl sighs before leaning down to engulf venti in her arms. she hugs him so tightly as venti wraps his own arms around her well built ones. it'd been so long since he felt the warmth of her body against his, and sure, he could've done this with anyone else but it wouldn't have felt the same as it would with her. 

"god, i love you so much," she sniffles as she burrows her head into venti's messy hair. 

"love you too, fish," venti chuckles wetly as she lets go of the man to see xiao standing in the middle of the hallway, observing the two awkwardly. 

"oh did you want a hug too?" she teases xiao as she opens her arms wide as if she were going to hug him. 

xiao puts a hand up, promptly stopping her, "you know i don't do that." 

fischl backs up, "right. i'm sorry." fischl hangs her arm around venti before asking, "what did you need?" 

xiao opens his mouth to speak before pausing as he looks down at fischl's shirt, "is that mine?" 

fischl looks down at the dark green tank top she was wearing. it was cropped but venti didn't know if it was supposed to be like that or if fischl was just much taller than xiao that it became cropped when she wore it. 

"yeah, you like it?" fischl grins as she spins, showing off her outfit. 

"did you raid my closet or something?" xiao asks and fischl promptly nods. 

"yeah, your mom let me." fischl says and his eyes almost pop out of his head from that response, "she said that you had too much girly clothing and didn't want you to get uncomfortable by how much there was, so she let me take majority of your so-called 'girly' clothes." 

"right." xiao nods, "give me a moment, will you?" 

fischl nods and soon xiao is practically ripping venti from her grip as he grabs the other man's hand and pulls him upstairs. venti's not sure why exactly xiao pulled him along with him. perhaps it was some sort of emotional support thing like how diluc is with zhongli.