10- confrontation

Damon wasn't paying the slightest attention to whatever conversation was occurring between Justine and Avery, he was slightly more focused on both girls cleavage, and a familiar male's ass in the background.

But as his head cleared, he was reminded of what he had been trying to accomplish in his own mind.

Confrontation.

What was he trying to say exactly? That his girlfriend couldn't expect monogamy from him? And that he was potentially attached to a few people? His close friends? That sounded like the way to lose Justine in less than ten seconds. But was there even an easy way out of this conversation?

No.

And to be honest, Damon had been putting off even thinking about any of it, until a certain rockstar had gotten the notion stuck in his head permanently.

Maxis Erlich's kept repeating themself in his head and it was causing his head to pound. He took a deep breath, trying to get rid of the headache that had suddenly come across him. He took another sip of his drink before shakily looking up at the two girls.

It felt stupid, suddenly half of relationship with Justine felt like it was crashing down. All because of some guy who could play guitar. Suddenly he was seeing all sorts of fucking clauses were taking the front seat in their relationship.

She liked shooting up on smack. But not when he was doing it with other people.

It felt hypocritical the more he analyzed it. 

Why did she get to be mad at him for doing everything she did with other people too?

Confrontation.

That's where this was heading.

"Justine can I have a word?" He says abruptly, interrupting the conversation about the ethics of guitars that had been going on for far too long.

She looks flustered, a bit confused as to why he broke up the conversation.

"Yeah. Sure."

Looking down at the floor, Damon intertwined his hand with hers and the two walked away, heading into the dark of the stage. Leaving Avery Pince to her own devices and speculation about the couple in front of her.

"So. What is this about? The disappearing act from earlier?" She says laughing a little bit "Because Damon, I know you didn't do anything. You're in the clear."

He coughs. "I love you. You know that right?"

She furrows her brows. "Yeah. Of course I do. I love you too."

"I was er, having a chat with someone earlier that made me realize some things. It helped me realize what I needed to do."

"And what is that?" She asks

"To be fucking honest with you. I love you. I love you. But you've been really up my backside lately. I thought it was clear that I couldn't do this monogamous shit! We were open."

"Are you kidding me Damon? What the fuck have you done? Or who rather?" She says, scowling

"It doesn't matter ! It's just sex. I love you Justine. I fucking devote my time and emotion to you. Sex is just something I can't stay away from."

"So? You're fucking your friends. You're fucking who care about you! That you care about! It turns into something more Damon. It always does."

"It's not a big deal!"

"Yes it is. I told you I could be open. I told you I was fine with sleeping around. As long as there weren't strings. No attachments. Just meaningless sex. But now you're doing the opposite of that."